YouTube TV is a popular streaming service that offers more than 85+ live TV channels. It has some of the best TV channels like ESPN, Hallmark Channel, PBS, GAC Family Channel, National Geographic, Comedy Central, and more. It also offers add-ons like HBO Max, ShowTime, Epix, 4K quality video, Unlimited streams, and more. The channels available on this service cover a wide range of categories like Kids, Sports, News, Entertainment, Music, and more. YouTube TV is only available in the United States and not in any other country. It is compatible with Roku, Chromecast, Apple TV, Samsung TV, LG TV, FireTV, and more. Now, let us see how you can install and stream the YouTube TV on Roku.
Features of YouTube TV
- It has sports channels like NFL, NBA, MLB, ESPN, and more.
- You can stream on 3 devices simultaneously and have 6 profiles for each account.
- It offers you unlimited cloud DVR storage and has no limit on simultaneous recordings.
- You can keep your recording for 9 months, and it gives you personal library space for each profile.
- It has a large collection of movies, TV shows, YouTube Originals, and more.
- It requires no long-term contracts or hidden fees and allows you to cancel the subscription at any time.
YouTube TV on Roku
- YouTube TV is available on Roku and is compatible with most Roku devices. It is a subscription-based streaming service. The Base Plan costs $64.99 per month.
- It also has another plan called Spanish Plan, which costs $34.99 per month. This plan offers 28+ Spanish channels and has the same features as the Base Plan.
How to Sign Up for YouTube TV
1. From any of your devices, open a web browser.
2. Visit the official website of YouTube TV: https://tv.youtube.com/.
3. Click on Start Free Trial.
4. Sign in with your Google account credentials.
5. Enter your ZIP Code in the given field and select Next.
6. On the Choose your Plan page, select your Plan and click on Next.
7. Choose any add-ons that you like on Customize page and click on Checkout.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions and finish the payment process.
8. You have now subscribed to YouTube TV.
How to Install YouTube TV on Roku
1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
2. Select Streaming Channels on the home screen.
3. Next, click on Search Channels.
4. Type YouTube TV on the search bar and search for it.
5. Choose YouTube TV from the search results.
6. Select Add Channel and click on OK. Now, YouTube TV will be added to Roku.
Alternative Method – How to Add YouTube TV on Roku Using Roku Mobile App
If you can’t add YouTube TV on Roku due to your Roku remote not working correctly or any other issues, then use Roku Mobile App to add it on Roku.
1. Connect your Android or iOS device and Roku to the same wifi network.
3. Once the installation is done, open the app and sign in with your Roku account.
4. Select Devices on the bottom right corner of the screen.
5. Choose your Roku device from the list of available devices and finish the pairing process.
6. Click on the Channels tab.
7. Select Channel Store. From the list of available apps, search for YouTube TV and select it.
8. Select Add Channel, and the channel will be added to your Roku within 24 hours.
9. You can also update your Roku device to immediately get the channel on Roku.
Tip: To update Roku, go to Settings → System → System Update → Check Now.
How to Activate YouTube TV on Roku
1. Go to the YouTube TV app on your Roku.
2. Select the Sign In or Log In button from the upper left corner.
3. You can see an activation code appearing on the screen.
4. From your smartphone or PC, go to the Youtube TV activation site: https://tv.youtube.com/activate.
5. Type the code displayed on the Roku screen in the given section and click on Next.
6. Sign in with the Google account associated with YouTube TV.
7. Now, you have activated the YouTube TV app.
8. Go back to the YouTube TV app and start to stream your favorite movies and TV shows.
How to Solve YouTube TV Not Working on Roku Issue
1. If your YouTube TV app is not working properly, restart the app and check if the problem is solved.
2. If your internet connection is slow, it can cause the YouTube TV app to not work properly. Restart your router or disconnect devices other than your Roku from the wifi network. Now, check whether the problem is solved.
3. Uninstall the app from your Roku and wait for a few minutes. Then install the app and check if the problem is solved.
4. If the YouTube TV servers in your region are down, then it can cause the app to not work correctly. You need to check whether YouTube TV servers are down by visiting Downdetector, which is a third-party website.
5. Your YouTube TV app will not properly if it is outdated since most outdated apps cause a lot of problems. Update the app on Roku and check if it is working properly.
6. If there are a lot of cache data stored on the app, it can cause issues that will lead to your app not functioning properly. Clear cache data stored on your YouTube TV app and check if the problem is solved.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your Roku might not be compatible. That’s why you can’t find YouTube TV on Roku.
Yes, you can utilize the free trial offered by YouTube TV to access it for free.