YouTube has become one of the most used and major platforms all around the world. Everybody uses YouTube at least once a day for many reasons. What if it doesn’t work while you are watching your favorite videos or if you are unable to play any video on YouTube? It may frustrate you certainly. But no worries, you can use the best troubleshooting methods when YouTube is not working on Roku.
Major Reasons for YouTube Not Working on Roku TV
There are many reasons for YouTube not working on Roku. Here we have mentioned the common reasons.
- Weak internet connection
- The YouTube server is down
- Outdated version of YouTube and Roku
- Problem with your YouTube account.
10 Best Fixes to Resolve YouTube Not Working on Roku
You can check out the commonly used troubleshooting methods to solve the not working issues.
1. Check the Internet Connection
If YouTube is not working on Roku, make sure you have a stable internet connection, as YouTube will not work with a weak internet connection.
If you find any issues with the internet connection, restart your modem or router. Then you can try using YouTube on your Roku. If the problem is not fixed yet, move on with the next fix.
2. Use YouTube on Other Devices
Try using the YouTube app on other devices. If YouTube is working on other devices, the problem is with your Roku device. If you are unable to use YouTube on other devices, too, the YouTube server may be down.
Go to the Downdetector website and check the status of YouTube. If you find the server is down, you need to wait till it gets up.
3. Update YouTube on Roku
When you use the outdated version of YouTube, it will not work on your device. So make sure you are using the latest version and update it on your Roku. Follow the below steps to update YouTube on Roku.
1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
2. Scroll down and select the YouTube app.
3. Next, press the Asterik(*) button on your Roku remote.
4. Select Check for updates from the menu that appears on the screen.
5. If you find an update available, tap Update to update YouTube on Roku.
4. Uninstall and Reinstall Roku
If the YouTube app is up to date and it is still not working on your Roku device, you need to uninstall YouTube and reinstall it on your Roku.
1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote to navigate to the Roku home screen.
2. Pick the YouTube app and click the Asterisk button on your Roku remote to bring up the Channel menu.
3. Select Remove Channel from the menu.
4. Click the Remove button again to confirm the process.
Reinstall Roku: Go to Roku home >> Add Channels >> select YouTube >> Add Channel >> Enter Roku PIN > Add Channel.
5. Decrease the Video Quality on YouTube
When you use higher resolutions on YouTube, it will long time to load the content. The next fix you could try is to decrease the video quality on your YouTube if you are using higher resolutions.
1. Open YouTube and press the Home button on your Roku remote.
2. Choose Settings from the menu that appears on the screen.
3. Select the Display Type option.
4. Click the Auto Detect option or decrease the video resolution.
6. Update Roku
If you are using the outdated version of Roku, it may lead to these types of issues. So you also need to update Roku when YouTube is not working.
1. Navigate to Settings on your Roku device.
2. Scroll down and select the System option under Settings.
3. Choose System Update from the sub-menu.
4. Click Check Now to check for updates.
5. Tap the Update Now button to update your Roku device.
7. Restart Roku
Restarting your Roku device will sort out all the network issues with your Roku device. Try using YouTube after restarting your Roku device. Follow the below steps to restart Roku.
1. Go to Settings on your Roku device.
2. Select the System option under Settings.
3. Tap the Power option and click System restart.
4. Hit Restart to begin the restarting process.
8. Force Restart Roku
You can also force restart your Roku if YouTube is not working after restarting your Roku device.
To force restart, press the Home button (five times) >> Up and Rewind button (two times) >> Fast Forward button (twice) to restart your Roku device.
9. Reset System Network Connection on Roku
The next fix is to reset System Network Connection on Roku, as it may sort out the issue with your YouTube. It will also help you to sort out the connectivity issues with your Roku device.
Head to Settings >> Advanced System Settings >> Network connection reset >> Reset Connection.
10. Try Alternatives
If you have tried all the above fixes and YouTube is still not working, you can use the YouTube TV app as an alternative to YouTube on Roku. It provides live TV channels for streaming with a paid subscription.
Launch Roku Home Screen >> Scanning Channels >> Search Channels >> Search YouTube TV >> Add Channel. You can also try streaming
If you are unable to use YouTube after trying all the troubleshooting methods, you can contact the Roku support team and ask for help. We hope they will give you the best solution to solve your problem. If you have any other trouble with the app not working or the solution did not fix the issues, please comment in the below section. We will get to a solution at the earliest.