- Screen Share VLC from Android: Launch VLC >> Go to Notification Panel > click Cast >> select Roku Device.
- Screen Share VLC from iOS: Open VLC >> Go to Control Center >> tap Screen Mirroring >> Pick Roku Device >> Enter AirPlay Passcode.
- Screen Share VLC from PC: Open VLC >> Go to Action Center >> Hit Connect tile >> Select Roku Device.
VLC is one of the most popular media players. With that, you can stream videos and music stored on your local storage. Also, there are a lot of methods available to stream the VLC Media Player on Roku.
Is VLC on Roku
VLC is not officially available on the Channel Store. But it is available on Android and iOS devices. If you have the media player already on your device, you can screen share it directly from your Android or iOS device to Roku.
How to Get VLC on Roku
You can screen share the VLC media player to your TV by following the three methods:
- Screen Share VLC to Roku from PC
- Screen Share VLC to Roku from Android Devices
- Screen Share VLC to Roku from iOS Devices
Enable Screen Mirroring: Go to Roku Home screen >> Settings >> System >> Screen mirroring >> Screen mirroring mode >> select Prompt or Always Allow.
Turn on AirPlay: Navigate to Settings >> Apple AirPlay and HomeKit >> Apple AirPlay and HomeKit Settings >> Turn on AirPlay.
Screen Share VLC to Roku from Windows PC
1. Initially, connect your Roku device and PC to the same wifi network.
2. Open the VLC media player on your PC.
3. Download the VLC Media Player Installer File from its official website. After that, launch the Installer File and follow the on-screen prompts to install VLC on your PC.
4. Then, go to the Action Center on your Windows PC.
5. Locate and click on the Connect tile.
6. After that, choose your Roku device from the available devices list.
7. After a successful connection, your Windows PC’s screen will get mirrored to Roku.
8. Go back to the VLC app on your PC and mirror its content to your TV.
Screen Share VLC to Roku from Android Devices
1. Navigate to Google Play Store on your Android device and install the VLC app.
2. Next, ensure both the Android device and Roku are connected to the same wifi network.
3. Go to the Notification Panel on your Android device and click the Cast icon.
4. Choose your Roku device from the available devices list.
5. Now, your Android device’s screen will appear on your TV screen.
6. Launch the VLC app and play any of your favorite videos.
After that, you can enjoy streaming your favorite videos on the big screen.
Screen Share VLC to Roku from iOS Devices
1. Connect your iOS device and Roku to the same wifi network.
2. From the App Store, install the VLC app.
3. Go to the Control Center and click the Screen Mirroring icon.
4. Select your Roku device from the scanned device list.
5. Enter the AirPlay passcode shown on your TV screen on your iOS device.
6. Now, your iOS device screen will be displayed on your Roku TV screen.
7. Finally, open the VLC media player. After that, you can play any video of your choice and watch it on your TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
If the VLC player is not working, make sure you are using the latest version. If you can’t still fix the issues with the VLC app, uninstall the app and reinstall it again.
The best alternatives to VLC are Plex and Emby.