- On Roku TV: From Roku Home → Select HBO Max Channel → Settings → Sign Out.
- From the HBO Max website: Go to HBO Max Website → Sign-in → Profile → Manage Devices → Sign Out → Roku Device.
- Using HBO Max Mobile App: Open HBO App → Settings → Manage Devices → Roku Device → Sign Out.
When it comes to video hosting, sharing, and service platforms, YouTube is the best. But if you want a professional streaming platform where you can create, manage, and share videos in high quality, Vimeo is the one you are looking for. It offers Video Marketing, Video Monetization, a lot of Customization options, and more. Although you can use Vimeo for free, to access all of its features, you need to subscribe to it. Moreover, you can get the services of Vimeo on Roku by adding the app from the channel store.
Features of Vimeo
- On Vimeo, you can stream content in full 1080 quality.
- You can save your favorite videos and watch them offline.
- It allows you to stream the content ad-free.
- You can easily manage your uploaded videos and share them with your friends.
- It automatically customizes your feed by following your categories, creators, and more.
- You can discover new and exciting videos by going to Explore.
- It offers categories like Animation, Documentary, Travel, and more.
- You can enjoy a fresh batch of awesome videos daily, hand-picked by their team.
Is Vimeo Free on Roku
Yes, you can stream Vimeo for free. But to upload content, you need a subscription. For that, Vimeo offers a wide variety of plans based on the different needs of the customers. The plans offered by Vimeo are:
|Total Storage Space (Per Year)||Price|
|30 Days Free Trial||5GB||250GB||Free|
|Vimeo Business||No Weekly limits||5TB||$50/month|
|Vimeo Premium||Unlimited Live Streaming||7TB||$75/month|
How to Sign Up to Vimeo
1. From any of your devices, visit Vimeo’s official website.
2. Click on See Plans.
3. On the Upgrade your plan page, choose the plan you want and click on Purchase Now.
Note: You can create a 30-day free trial account by choosing start free trial.
4. On the Join Vimeo page, enter your Name, Email, and Password. Click on Continue.
5. On the Payment details page, enter the Name of the Card, Card number, and other necessary details.
Note: You can choose whether to pay the bill annually or monthly. But choosing monthly plan will increase your overall costs.
6. Click on the Complete purchase button. Once a successful transaction is made, you will be subscribed to the Vimeo platform.
How to Install Vimeo on Roku
1. Turn on Roku and press the Home button on your remote to go to the home screen.
2. Select the Streaming Channels option on the home screen.
3. Scroll down and click on the Search Channels option.
4. Type Vimeo on the search bar and search for it.
4. Choose Vimeo from the suggestion list and click on the Add Channel button.
5. Once the adding process is complete, Select the OK button from the prompt.
6. After that, choose the Go to Channel option to launch the Vimeo app.
Alternative Method – How to Install Vimeo on Roku
You can use the Roku Mobile app to add channels remotely without involving the direct method.
1. First, connect both your Roku and Android or iOS devices to the same wifi network.
2. Install the Roku Mobile app on your Android or iOS device from the Play Store or App Store.
3. Launch the Roku app after installation and sign in with your Roku account.
4. Click on the Devices tab from the bottom of the interface.
5. From the list of available devices, choose your Roku device.
6. Once the pairing is done, select the Channels tab.
7. Next, click on the Channel Store tab and look for Vimeo.
8. From the search result, select the Vimeo channel.
9. Select the Add Channel button and then update Roku to add the channel immediately to your channel’s list.
10. To launch the Vimeo channel, go to your Roku home screen.
11. Hit the Right Arrow button on your remote.
12. Now, you can see all the channels added to your channel list. From there, select the Vimeo channel and hit the OK button on your remote to launch the channel.
How to Activate Vimeo on Roku
1. Launch the Vimeo channel on Roku, and you will see an Activation Code appearing on the screen.
2. If the activation code is not displayed, select the Log In or Sign In button to generate one.
3. Now, go to the activation webpage of Vimeo: vimeo.com/activate.
4. Sign in using your Vimeo account.
4. Enter the Activation Code in the given field and select Connect.
5. Your Vimeo channel on Roku will be activated.
6. Go back to the Vimeo app and start streaming your favorites.
How to Troubleshoot Vimeo Not Working on Roku Issue
1. If there are issues with your account, it can cause the app to not work properly. Log out of Vimeo and wait for a couple of minutes. Then, log in using your same account and check whether the problem is solved.
2. Sometimes, problems with the Vimeo app might lead to the app not working issue. Uninstall and Reinstall the app and check if the problem is solved.
3. If the cache data on your Vimeo app is too large, it can lead to corruption and will cause the app to not work properly. Clear all the cache data and verify whether the problem is solved.
4. Sometimes, your app won’t work because of issues with the server. If there are any problems with the server, you need to wait until the problem is solved to continue using the app.
5. If the internet connection is slow, it will lead to a lot of issues. Restart the router and check your internet connection. You can also disconnect devices other than Roku from the wifi to solve the problem. Now, check whether the problem is solved.
6. Make sure you are using the latest version of the Vimeo app. If not, update the app to the latest version because outdated apps will often lead to issues that cause the app to not work properly.
7. Try restarting your Roku to clear any bugs. This will ensure the best streaming experience and clear the lags on your Roku, if any.
So, with that troubleshooting method, you can enjoy streaming the Vimeo app’s content on the big screen.