Twitter is one of the most popular social networking platforms like Facebook. This American Communications company was launched in 2006. In the past few years, Twitter has gone through a lot of updates and changes, making it one of the most cloud platforms. The application has a lot of attractive features so that you can tweet, retweet, and reply to tweets. You can access the Twitter app on Android devices, iOS devices, Apple TV, Roku, and more.
Can you Get Twitter on Roku
In the early days, there was an official Twitter application in the Roku Channel Store. However, it had only limited features, and you could access only web videos. Also, it was later removed from the platform completely. So, the only way to get Twitter on Roku is by screen mirroring the Twitter app available on Android or iOS devices.
How to Sign Up With Twitter
1. After turning on your computer, open a web browser.
2. Go to the Twitter Sign up page and select the Sign-Up button.
3. Click on the Create Your Account option.
4. Following the instructions on your screen, enter your email address or phone number.
5. If you have provided your email address, you will receive a verification email.
6. If you enter your mobile number, you will receive a code in the number to verify the same.
7. Enter your information and then click on the Next option.
8. On the Customize Your Experience section, check whether you’d like to track where you see Twitter content.
9. Click on the Next option.
10. Now, you have successfully created a Twitter Account that you can use to sign in to the app.
How to Screen Mirror Twitter on Roku
You can screen mirror the Twitter application on your Roku device from four different devices.
1. Android Devices
2. Windows PC
3. iOS Devices
4. Mac PC
Before you start screen mirroring your Android devices and PC, you need to enable the Screen Mirroring on Roku feature.
From Android Devices
1. Connect the Android device to the same Wifi network your Roku device is on.
2. Open Google Play Store and install the Twitter app if you don’t already have it.
3. Launch the Twitter app and Sign In to your account.
4. On your Android device, open the Notification Panel.
5. Find the Cast icon in the Notification Panel and then select the same.
6. From the list on your screen, select the Roku device you want to access Twitter on.
7. This will start mirroring the screen of your Android device on Roku.
8. Go back to the Twitter application and access it on your TV.
From Windows PC
1. To mirror the screen of your Windows PC on Roku, you need to connect both devices to the same Wifi network.
2. Open the Windows Action Centre on your PC.
3. Find the Connect tile and then select the same.
4. When you get a list of devices, make sure that you select the Roku device you want.
5. Soon, the screen of your computer will start to mirror itself on your TV.
6. Open a browser like Google Chrome on your PC and go to the official website of Twitter.
7. If it is your first time, Sign In to your account with the necessary details.
8. Finally, you can access the feed from Twitter on your TV.
From iOS devices
Enable the AirPlay on Roku and follow the steps below:
1. Connect your iOS device and Roku to the same wifi network.
2. Next, open the App Store on your iOS device and install the Twitter app.
3. Launch the Twitter app after installation.
4. Sign in to your Twitter account or Create a new one.
5. Next, open the Control Centre of your iOS device and tap the Screen Mirroring option.
6. When you get a list of devices on your screen, make sure to select your Roku device.
Note: You must have connected your iOS device and Roku to the same wifi network. Otherwise, your Roku will not display on the available devices list.
7. Once your Roku device is connected, your iOS device’s screen will be mirrored to Roku.
8. Go back to the Twitter application to access it on your device.
1. Connect your Mac to the same Wifi network as the Roku device.
2. Using a browser, visit the official website of Twitter.
3. Sign in with your Twitter account.
4. Next, open the Control Centre of your Mac.
5. Select the Screen Mirroring option and then choose your Roku device as it appears on your screen.
6. Soon, the screen of your Mac will start to mirror itself on your TV.
7. Go back to the browser tab with Twitter and access it on your TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
The official Twitter Channel is not yet made available on the Roku Channel Store.
Yes, Twitter is a free social media platform that is trending across the globe.