Twitch is a popular live video streaming service and is available worldwide. It mainly focuses on streaming live games like CS:GO, PUBG, FIFA, Fortnite, Minecraft, and many other games. You can watch Esports matches and IRL broadcasts. You can also tune into league channels, sports channels, and talk shows. Moreover, you can also learn about the latest events happening in baseball, basketball, soccer, football, and more. Twitch is compatible with Android, PS4, Roku, Xbox One, PS5, PC, Nintendo Switch, and more.
Features of Twitch
- You can watch single or multiplayer games like Minecraft, League of Legends, Call of Duty, Valorant, GTA, Overwatch, Apex, and much more.
- Chat live with your favorite streamers and gamers about their performance, game plan, game strategy, and more during Esports, gaming, and IRL broadcasts.
- You can live stream your gaming content by playing GTA on Xbox One, Fortnite on PS5, Valorant on PC, and more.
- You can connect with millions of like-minded people with the same interest as you in MOBA or FPS games.
- It has a simple user interface and is very easy to use.
- It offers you Dark mode for late-night streaming and chat sessions.
Can you Download Twitch on Roku
Twitch is not available on Roku. But you can use other ways to add the channel on Roku. Twitch offers a total of three subscription plans with different prices. The prices are $4.99, $9.99, and 24.99.
Note: To subscribe to Twitch, you need to have an active Twitch account.
How to Sign Up for Twitch
1. Go to Twitch’s official website from any web browser.
2. Click on Sign Up in the upper left corner of the screen.
3. On the Sign Up window, enter all the required details like Username, Password, and more.
4. Select Sign Up. Your Twitch account will be created.
How to Get Twitch on Roku
Although Twitch is not available on the Roku Channel store, you can add the channel from the private channels list.
1. Turn on your PC and go to a web browser.
2. Visit the official website of Roku: https://my.roku.com/index.
3. Select Sign In on the top right corner of the screen.
4. Enter your Roku Email and Password, and click on Submit.
5. Once you sign in with your Roku account, select the Profile icon.
6. Click on My Account and select Add channel with a code.
7. Type twitchtv or TWOKU on the given field and click on Add Channel.
8. Select OK when you see a warning message on the screen.
Note: Adding channels with a good reputation using this won’t cause any problems. Only when you add a channel that breaks the terms and conditions set by Roku will you no longer be able to add uncertified channels on Roku in the future.
9. Click on Yes, add channel.
After the above process, you need to update Roku to add the Twitch app immediately to the channel’s list.
1. Once you update Roku, press the Home button on your remote to go to the home screen.
2. Next, press the Right Arrow button on your remote.
3. Navigate to Twitch and press the OK button on your remote to launch the channel.
4. Then, sign in to your Twitch account.
5. Choose your favorite games and live stream the gameplay on Roku.
Alternative Method – How to Screen Mirror Twitch on Roku
If you don’t want to add the unofficial channel of Twitch on Roku, you can screen mirror the Twitch app from Android or iOS devices and PC. However, before screen mirroring to Roku, certain prerequisites must be met. The Prerequisites are:
1. Make sure you connect both Roku and the device from which you are mirroring to Roku to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. You need to enable Screen Mirroring on Roku if you want to screen mirror from Android devices like smartphones or tablets, and PC.
3. Turn on the AirPlay on Roku if you want to mirror iOS devices like iPhone or iPad.
Screen Mirror Twitch on Roku Using Android Devices
1. On your Android device, install the Twitch app from the Google Play Store.
2. Launch the Twitch app after installation and log in with your account credentials.
3. Now, go to the Notification Panel and tap on the Cast icon.
4. Choose your Roku device from the available devices list and select the OK button.
5. On your Roku device, select Allow if prompted.
6. The contents on your screen will be cast to Roku.
7. Go back to the Twitch app and mirror your favorites to Roku.
Screen Mirror Twitch on Roku Using Windows PC
1. Turn on your PC and launch any web browser.
2. Visit the official website of Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/.
3. Select Log In and enter your credentials to log in to your account.
4. Next, press the Windows + K keys on your keyboard simultaneously.
5. On the Connect window that appears, choose your Roku device.
6. Select Allow on your Roku device if prompted, and your PC’s screen will be mirrored to Roku.
7. Return back to the Twitch webpage and mirror its content to Roku.
Screen Mirror Twitch on Roku Using iOS Devices
1. Install the Twitch app on your iOS device from the App Store.
2. Open the Twitch app and sign in using your Twitch account.
3. Go to the Control Center and tap on the Screen Mirroring icon.
4. Choose your Roku device from the list of available devices and select OK.
5. Enter the AirPlay passcode on your iOS device if required.
6. Your iOS device’s screen will be mirrored to Roku.
7. Start streaming your favorites from Twitch on Roku.
Screen Mirror Twitch on Roku Using Mac
1. On your Mac device, click on the Control Panel icon on the home screen.
2. Select the Screen Mirroring icon and from the available devices list. Select your Roku device.
3. Select Allow on your Roku device if prompted.
4. Launch the Safari browser on your Mac PC.
5. Search for Twitch and choose the official website.
6. Click on Log In and enter your Twitch account details.
7. Once you log in to your account, choose the live stream you want to watch and enjoy streaming it on Roku.
Frequently Asked Questions
Due to some undisclosed issues, the Twitch app was removed from the Roku channel store.
No, there is no desktop version available for Twitch.