Starz is everybody’s favorite American premium TV Network from Lions Gate entertainment. It was initially launched in 1994 and has undergone a lot of updates in the past years. You can access Starz on all popular streaming devices like Apple TV and Roku. Different channels from the Starz franchise include Starz, Starz Cinema, Starz Comedy, Starz Edge, Starz Kids & Family, and Starz in Black. Starz app has content for just everyone, with shows expanding over genres like action, thriller, drama, fantasy, Sci-Fi, and more. Now, let’s see how to get Starz on Roku.
What’s Streaming On Starz
Following is a list of popular titles that you should not miss out on Starz:
- America To Me
- Black Sails
- Party Down
- The White Princess
- The Spanish Princess
- The Missing
- The Pillars Of The Earth
Starz on Roku
You can find the official Starz app in the Channel Store of the device. You need to be a subscribed member of Starz to access the app. The subscription with Starz will cost you $8.99 per month, and you will get a free trial of 7 days. You can also get a quarterly plan on Starz that will cost you $23.99 for 3 months.
Note: You can also log in to the Starz app with the supported cable TV providers like Verizon, Mediacom, Dish, DirecTV, Verizon, and more.
How to Sign Up to Starz
1. Start by visiting the official website of Starz.
2. Select the Start Your Free Trial button.
3. On the next screen, type in your Email Address and click on the Continue button.
4. Enter your payment details in the necessary fields.
5. Once done, click on the Subscribe button.
You can now access the Starz platform once the successful transaction is completed.
How to Install Starz on Roku
1. Select the Streaming Channels option from the Roku home screen.
2. Next, select the Search Channels option.
3. Making use of the on-screen keyboard, search for the Starz app.
4. Pick Starz from the search result.
5. Start downloading Starz by selecting the Add Channel button.
6. When the download is complete, click on OK.
7. You can open the app by simply selecting the Go to Channel button.
Alternative Method – Add Starz to Roku
1. Connect a computer to the internet and then open a web browser.
2. Go to the official website of the Roku Channel Store and click on the Sign In button.
3. You need to be signing in to the same account on your Roku device on the website.
4. Once done, click on the Search Channels box and type in Starz.
5. Select the Starz icon and then select Add Channel.
6. If you have a Roku PIN, enter it in the respective box.
7. Finally, the Starz app will be added to Roku.
How to Activate Starz on Roku
1. While you’re on the Roku home screen, press the Right Arrow button on your remote.
2. Choose the Starz app from the channel’s list and press the OK button on your remote to launch the app.
3. Select the Log in or Sign in button and note down the Activation Code that you can see on your TV screen.
4. Open a web browser on your smartphone or PC and visit the Starz Activation Website: https://auth.starz.com/.
5. In the Activation Code box, paste your code and click on Submit.
6. Finally, you get Starz activated on your device.
How to Watch Starz on Roku Without a Cable
Popular live TV provider subscriptions that you can access on Roku have the Starz channel streaming on them. Check out the same live TV streaming platforms in the following section.
- fuboTV is everyone’s favorite sports streaming live TV package subscription that includes their favorite entertainment channels as well.
- You can watch Starz on fuboTV with its fubo STARZ package of $78.99 per month.
- It gives you 90 channels in total along with 1000 hours of cloud DVR facilities.
- You can also enjoy 7 days free trial with this subscription.
- Other channels that you can access include Freeform, Hallmark Channel, Bravo, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Paramount Network, TLC, Travel Channel, and Discovery.
- Sling TV on Roku is another efficient live TV subscription to watch Starz.
- Get the Sling Orange Starz package of $44 per month to get 30 channels in total.
- Also, you can get 50 hours of cloud DVR facilities with this plan.
- In addition, watch channels including HGTV, MSNBC, TBS, TLC, Travel Channel, Comedy Central, Cartoon Network, Bravo, and USA Network.
- DirecTV Stream is one of the most popular live TV streaming services.
- You can access Starz in the $149.99 per month Premier package of this subscription.
- It comes with 65 channels and unlimited cloud DVR storage facilities.
- You can watch channels like Bravo, CNN, Comedy Central, Hallmark Channel, TNT, TLC, and Paramount Network with this subscription.
- With Hulu on Roku, you need the Hulu Live TV Starz package of $78.99 to stream Starz.
- The subscription gives access to 70 different channels along with unlimited cloud DVR facilities.
- This plan includes channels like HGTV, Freeform, Investigation Discovery, Lifetime, MSNBC, Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, and CNN.
- You can also watch Starz on YouTube TV, Google’s live TV streaming service.
- You need the YouTube TV Starz package of $73.99 per month for the same.
- In the subscription, you get unlimited cloud DVR facilities and three simultaneous streams.
- Also, the plan includes 60 different channels like Hallmark Channel, ESPN, Food Network, Fox News, Disney Channel, Paramount Network, TLC, Travel Channel, and USA Network.
- Philo is one of the most affordable live TV streaming services with Starz.
- The Philo Starz package will cost you only $34 per month.
- Additionally, you get a 7-day free trial and unlimited cloud DVR facilities to record shows.
- It has 60 different channels, including Paramount Network, TLC, Travel Channel, Comedy Central, Discovery, Food Network, and Hallmark Channel.
How to Cancel Starz on Roku
You can unsubscribe or cancel Starz on your device as follows.
1. Launch the Roku home screen by pressing the Home button on your remote.
2. Press the Right Arrow button on your remote. Then, locate and select the Starz app.
3. Next, hit the Asterisk * button on your remote.
4. On the popup menu, navigate to the Manage Subscription option and select it.
5. Find the Unsubscribe option and select the same.
6. Once again, confirm the cancellation prompt that appears.
7. To remove the channels from your device, go to the home screen and find the list of channels on the right side of the screen.
8. Highlight the Starz app and press the Asterisk * button on your remote.
9. Following that, select the Remove Channel option.
Starz Not Working On Roku: Fixes
It must be annoying when you are trying to watch your favorite show, and the app suddenly shows errors. If the same happens with the Starz app, find out the causes and the possible fixes down here.
Can’t Play a Title
- If you can’t simply play any title on the app, it might be a result of a server outage. It might take some time for Starz to fix it, and you might have to wait.
- Check your internet connection as slow internet is one of the main reasons for the issue.
Buffering Issue on the Starz App
- This might be the result of a poor internet connection. You might be able to resolve it by restarting the Wi-Fi router.
- If restarting the router was not of much help, you might have to contact your internet service provider.
- If the issue is not with your internet, simply uninstall the app on your device and then reinstall it.
- Restarting your Roku device will also be of help. Disconnect the device from the power source for 5 to 10 minutes, connect it back, and turn it on.
- If issues with the service exist, you might have to contact Starz Customer Service.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Starz is definitely worth it when you are bored with streaming services like Hulu and Netflix. In the Starz library, you can find its original content that you can’t find elsewhere.
Upon subscribing to Starz on its official website, you will get a 7-day free trial. So, during the free trial period, you can access the Starz platform for free. After the trial period, your bank account will be charged with the subscription cost.