In a day and age with plenty of mind-blowing live TV streaming services available, choosing the right one might be a bit confusing. One of the biggest names among the live TV streaming applications is Sling TV. This might be because of its interesting collection of channels as well as affordable plans. You can almost customize your subscription by getting add-on packages with the Sling TV base plans. It also has additional features, including a cloud DVR of 50 hours. Now, let us see how you can enjoy the services of Sling TV on Roku.
How Much is Sling TV on Roku
Sling TV has attractive subscription packages that you can choose from. You can also get add-ons to get more channels.
|Sling Orange + Blue||$50|
What’s Streaming On Sling TV
Following is the list of channels available on Sling TV.
|Sling Orange (31 Channels)||Sling Blue (41 Channels)||Sling Orange & Blue (47 channels)|
|AXS TV||AXS TV||AXS TV|
|BBC America||BBC America||BBC America|
|Bloomberg Television||Bloomberg Television||Bloomberg Television|
|Cartoon Network||Cartoon Network||Cartoon Network|
|Comedy Central||Comedy Central||Comedy Central|
|–||Discovery Channel||Discovery Channel|
|Disney Channel||–||Disney Channel|
|EPIX Drive-In||EPIX Drive-In||EPIX Drive-In|
|–||Fox Sports 1||Fox Sports 1|
|Food Network||Food Network||Food Network|
|–||FOX News||FOX News|
|History Channel||History Channel||History Channel|
|Investigation Discovery||Investigation Discovery||Investigation Discovery|
|Local Now||Local Now||Local Now|
|–||NFL Network||NFL Network|
|–||National Geographic||National Geographic|
|Nick Jr.||Nick Jr.||Nick Jr.|
|Travel Channel||Travel Channel||Travel Channel|
How to Sign Up for Sling TV
1. Turn on a PC or Smartphone and connect to the internet.
2. Open a browser to visit the official Sling TV: https://www.sling.com/.
3. Click on the Try Us Today button.
4. Then, enter your email address and password to create an account.
4. Depending on the subscription package you want, select Sling Orange, Sling Blue, or Sling Orange + Blue.
5. You can also select any Extras and Premiums you want.
6. Next, choose and enter your payment details.
7. Then, select Finish & Submit button.
After a successful transaction, you will be subscribed to Sling TV. After that, you can continue reading below to get the Sling TV on Roku.
How to Install Sling TV on Roku
You can find the Sling TV app pre-installed on your Roku device. If that’s not the case with you, simply download it using either of the below-mentioned methods.
1. From the Roku home screen, select Streaming Channels.
2. Click on Search Channels and search for Sling TV using the onscreen keyboard.
3. Select Sling TV from the search results and click on Add Channel.
4. Wait for the channel installation to finish.
5. Once the installation is complete, select the OK button from the prompt.
6. You can open the channel by selecting the Go to Channel button.
Alternative Method – Install Sling TV on Roku using the Roku App
Connect your Android or iOS device and Roku to the same wifi network and follow the steps below:
2. Find the Devices icon on the bottom of your screen and tap it.
3. Choose your Roku device from the list of devices on your screen to connect with.
4. Once the connection is established, select the Channels tab.
5. Next, select the Channel Store icon on the top of your screen.
6. Type in Sling TV and search for the app.
7. Choose Sling TV and then select the Add Channel button to start installing it.
8. Update Roku to add the Sling TV immediately. Otherwise, it will take 24 hours to install the Sling TV on Roku.
Tip: To update Roku, go to Roku Settings System System Update Check Now
How to Sign In to Sling TV on Roku
1. Start by opening the Sling TV app on your device.
2. Click on the Sign In button and then enter your email address.
3. Click on Submit.
4. Next, enter your Password and click on Submit.
5. Finally, you can access the Sling TV home screen and start streaming your favorite TV channels.
How to Cancel Sling TV on Roku
In case you have problems with the Sling TV, you can cancel its subscription anytime you want.
1. Start by pressing the Home button on your remote.
2. Highlight the Sling TV app from the app list.
3. Press the Star button on the remote.
4. Choose the Manage Subscription option on the menu that appears.
5. To unsubscribe from Sling TV, select the Cancel Subscription option.
6. Once again, select the Cancel Subscription option.
7. Finally, choose Done.
Sling TV Not Working On Roku: Fixes
Sling TV app is not frequent with issues. Users have found that at times Sling TV app on Roku shows a bunch of different problems, including buffering, not loading, and a frozen screen. Whatever the issue with the app, you can troubleshoot it using the below-mentioned methods.
Sling TV Keeps Freezing
- If the app keeps freezing on Roku, it indicates some issues with a Wi-Fi network.
- You might have to restart your Wi-Fi router by unplugging it from the power source for a couple of minutes.
- If you have access to a different Wi-Fi network, shift to the new network.
Can’t Play Any Title
- If you can’t play any title from the app, it might be because of a server outage.
- If that is the case, you might have to wait for it to be resolved by Sling TV.
- You can detect a server outage on Sling using websites like Downdetector.
Sling TV is Buffering
- If the Sling TV app is buffering, unlike other apps on your device, you might have to uninstall the app and then reinstall it.
- Try restarting your Roku device by unplugging it from the power source for 5 or 10 minutes and then connecting it back.
- Perform a Software Update on Roku from Settings > System > Software Update > Check Now.
You can visit the Sling TV help center at https://www.sling.com/help/en if you have any problems with your streaming on Roku.
You need to visit sling.com/my-account on a web browser and sign in with your subscription credentials. Next, find the Update Payment Information and click on it. Finally, you can now edit your credit card details and save the changes.