The Sky Go app gives you access to more than 100 live channels. These channels include iTV, Channel 4, Sky Atlantic, Sky Sports, Sky One and more. The app covers a variety of different entertainment categories including movies, sports, news, and more. Apart from these TV channels, the app is also rich with on-demand titles. But there is no dedicated app for Sky Go on Roku to stream it. So, you need to rely on the screen mirroring and AirPlay feature to mirror the Sky Go app from Android or iOS devices.
Sky GO on Roku
Sky GO is free for the subscribers of the Sky TV Package. If you are an existing Sky TV user, you don’t have to pay anything to access the Sky GO app.
|Subscription Plan||Price (per month)|
|Sky TV Package||£26.00|
|Ultra HD + HD||£12.00|
What’s Streaming On Sky Go
Depending on your subscription, the available channels might be different. Following is a list of basic channels available on Sky TV subscription.
|Sky Channels||Sky Atlantic, Sky Comedy, Sky Crime, Sky Documentaries, Sky Max, Sky Nature, Sky Showcase, Sky Sports Mix, Sky Sports News, Sky Sports Racing, Sky Witness, B4U, Discovery, Eurosport 1, Eurosport 2, MTV Base, MTV Classic, MTV Hits, MTV Music, National Geographic, Utsav, and Zee TV.|
|Kids Channels||Baby TV, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, Cartoonito, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr, Nick Jr Too, and Nicktoons.|
|BT Sport Channels||BT 1, BT 2, BT 3, and BT Sport ESPN.|
|Sky Cinema Channels||Sky Cinema Action, Sky Cinema Comedy, Sky Cinema Disney, Sky Cinema Family, Sky Cinema Greats, Sky Cinema Hits, Sky Cinema Premiere, Sky Cinema Sci-Fi And Horror, Sky Cinema Select, Sky Cinema Trailer, and Paramount Plus.|
|Sky Sports Channels||Sky Sports Arena, Sky Sports Cricket, Sky Sports Football, Sky Sports F1, Sky Sports Golf, Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Mix, Sky Sports News, Sky Sports NFL, Sky Sports Premier League, and Sky Sports Racing.|
Can I Get Sky GO on Roku
Sky GO doesn’t have an official app made available for download in the Roku Channel Store. Still, you can access Sky GO by screen mirroring it from your Android device or iOS device. Sky GO has made its app made available on both Android and iOS devices.
How to Screen Mirror Sky Go on Roku
You can screen mirror Sky Go app from four devices. They are:
- Android Device
- iOS Device
- Windows PC
- Mac PC
From Android Devices
Remember to enable the screen mirroring on Roku and follow the steps below:
1. First, connect Roku to wifi. Next, connect your Android device to the same wifi network as Roku.
2. Open the Google Play Store and install the Sky GO app on your Android device.
3. Launch the Sky Go app after installation and sign in to your subscription account.
4. Launch the Notification Panel of your device and tap the Cast icon.
5. Select your Roku device from the list of devices on your screen.
6. Wait for the screen of your Android device to start mirroring itself on your TV.
7. Now, go back to the Sky GO app and enjoy accessing it on your TV.
From Windows PC
The official Sky Go app is available for Windows PC. So, you can install the Sky Go app to mirror its content to Roku from PC.
1. Ensure that you have connected Windows PC and Roku to the same wifi network.
2. Next, download the Sky Go Installer file and install it on your PC.
Sky Go app for PC: Download Link
3. On your keyboard, press the Windows + K keys on your keyboard simultaneously.
4. From the Connect window displayed on your screen, select your Roku device.
5. After a successful connection, your PC’s display will mirror to Roku.
6. Launch the Sky Go app and enter your Sky TV account credentials to log in to your account.
7. Next, play any of your favorites and mirror them to Roku.
From iOS Devices
Connect your iOS device and Roku to the same wifi network and follow the steps below:
1. Get the Sky Go app on your iOS device from the App Store.
2. Open the Sky GO app and sign into your subscription with proper credentials.
3. Launch the Control Centre of your iOS device and tap the Screen Mirroring icon.
4. As the list of available devices appears on your screen, select your Roku device.
5. When the screen of your iOS device starts to mirror on your TV, open the Sky GO app.
6. Finally, enjoy watching amazing content from the Sky GO app on your TV.
Note: If the AirPlay mirroring is not working, make sure to update Roku and iOS device to the latest version.
Make sure to connect your Mac PC to the same wifi network as Roku. Then, you can follow the steps below:
1. Download and install the Sky Go app on your Mac.
Sky Go app for Mac: Download Link
2. From your Mac’s home screen, click on the Control Center icon.
3. Click on the Screen Miroring icon and choose your Roku device from the available devices list.
4. Next, your Mac’s display will mirror to Roku.
5. Now, launch the Sky Go app and sign in with your subscription credentials.
6. After that, choose your favorite content and mirror them to Roku.
Sky GO App Not Working on Roku: Fixes
While screen mirroring the Sky GO app on Roku, you might come across a few issues.
Can’t Cast the App
- To mirror the screen of your device on Roku, make sure that you connect it on the same Wi-Fi network as the Roku device.
- If you have more than one Roku device, check if you are selecting the name of the right device.
- Make sure that you have installed the latest version of the Sky GO app on your participating smartphone.
Can’t Access Content
- If you can’t access content on the app, it might be because of a server outage. Wait for the server outage to be fixed.
- Try playing another TV show or movie from the service.
- Close the app on your device and then try restarting it on your device.
App Is Buffering
- If the app is buffering, it might be because of a weak internet connection. Therefore, restart your Wi-Fi router by unplugging it from the power source for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Contact your internet service provider and check if there are any issues from their part.
- Delete the app cache of the Sky GO app on your participating device.
Sky Go is supported on devices like Android devices, iOS devices, Windows PC, Mac PC, and Apple TV.
No, the access to Sky Go is complementary for Sky TV subscribers. That means if you are a sky TV user, you can access the Sky Go app for free.