Roku is known to be one of the best streaming devices that offer tons of entertainment channels. Some of the best channels offered by Roku are Hulu, Netflix, Peacock TV, YouTube TV, Starz, and more. Besides the best entertainment channels, it also offers other exiting features like the screen mirroring feature. It is based on peer-to-peer Wi-Fi direct standards. With screen mirroring enabled on Roku, you can mirror contents like movies, TV shows, photos, apps, games, and more from your Android or iOS devices and PC to Roku.
Screen Mirror on Roku
Screen Mirroring feature is available on Roku, but not all Roku models support screen mirroring. Below are the models that don’t support screen mirroring:
- Pre-2016 Roku devices
- Roku Express model 3700 (2016)
- Roku Express+ 3710 (2016)
- Roku Express+ 3910 (2017) – It supports screen mirroring through HDMI but not through composite or A/V connection.
How to Check Roku Model Number
1. Turn on your Roku device and select Settings.
2. Click on Network and select About.
3. Here, you can find the Roku model number along with other details.
How to Screen Mirror on Roku
To know how to screen mirror on your device, you can use the methods below:
Note: Make sure that Roku and the device from which you are screen mirroring are bound to the same Wi-Fi network.
Enable Screen Mirror on Roku
Initially, the need to enable the screen mirroring feature on Roku. Then, only you can mirror your Android device and Windows PC to Roku.
1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
2. On the Roku home screen, select Settings.
3. Select System and click on Screen Mirroring.
4. Choose Screen Mirroring mode and select either Prompt or Always Allow.
5. Screen Mirroring will be enabled on Roku.
How to Screen Mirror Android Devices to Roku
1. Turn on your Android device and go to the Notification Panel.
2. Select Cast / Smart View and choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
3. Click on OK. On your Roku, select Allow if prompted.
4. The contents on your Android device’s screen will be cast to Roku.
How to Screen Mirror Windows PC to Roku
1. Switch on your Windows PC and press Windows + k on the keyboard.
2. Choose your Roku device from the list and select Allow on your Roku.
3. Your Windows screen will be mirrored to your Roku.
4. Choose any content you want and start watching it on Roku.
How to Screen Mirror iOS Devices to Roku
To Screen Mirror from your iOS devices like iPhone or iPad and Mac PC, you need to enable AirPlay on Roku. Otherwise, screen mirroring from Apple devices won’t be qualified on Roku.
1. Select Settings on the Roku home screen and choose Apple AirPlay and HomeKit.
2. Click on Apple AirPlay and HomeKit settings and select AirPlay.
3. Turn On AirPlay or Enable it. Now you can screen mirror from Apple devices.
After you enable the AirPlay feature on Roku, you can follow the steps below to mirror your iOS devices to Roku.
1. On your iOS device, go to the Control Center.
2. Tap on the Screen Mirroring icon and click on your Roku device from the available devices list.
3. On your Roku, click on Allow when permissions are asked for screen mirroring.
4. The contents on your iOS device’s screen will be mirrored to Roku.
5. Enjoy streaming your favorite content on Roku.
How to Screen Mirror Mac PC to Roku
1. Power on your Mac device and click on the Control Center icon in the upper right corner of the home screen.
2. Click on Screen Mirroring and select your Roku device from the list.
3. Select Allow when prompted.
4. Your Mac devices screen will be mirrored to Roku
4. Choose the content you want to stream on Roku and enjoy watching it.
How to Solve Screen Mirroring Not Working Issue on Roku
You can solve the screen mirroring not working issue using the methods below:
- Check whether both the devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Make sure that Screen Mirroring is enabled on Roku.
- Restart your Roku to fix temporary issues on Roku.
- Disable your VPN
- Update your Roku device
- Change your Wi-Fi’s Frequency Band
Frequently Asked Questions
No, you cannot Screen Mirror on Roku without Wi-Fi. But you can screen mirror without any internet.
You might not have connected the device you’re going to mirror from and Roku to the same wifi network. This is the reason why you can’t screen mirror to Roku.