In recent times, Roku users have been experiencing a lot of error codes that appear on their TV screens while streaming their favorites. One such error code that appears on most Roku devices is the error code number 018. It occurs due to weak internet connection. However, you can fix these issues with some of the basic troubleshooting methods.
Significant Reasons for Roku Error Code 018
The major cause for error code 018 is the poor internet connection. We have also listed the other common reasons for the error code.
- Weak internet connection
- Problem with your router or modem
- Outdated version of Roku
How to Fix Roku Error Code 018
The following are the working fixes that will help you in clearing the Roku error code 018.
Solution 1: Check the Internet Connection
When you see the Roku error code, the first thing you need to do is to check the internet connection as it appears due to the poor internet connection. Follow the below steps to check the network connection on your Roku device.
1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote to bring up the home screen.
2. Select Settings and click the Network option.
3. Tap Check Connection to check the status of your network connection.
Tip: If your internet connectivity is bad, go to Solution 2, or else you can move on to Solution 3.
Solution 2: Restart your Modem or Router
If you find any issues with the network connection, you need to restart your modem or router.
- Unplug the cables from the router and wait for some time.
- After a few seconds, plug the cables in on the respective ports.
- Power on your router and connect Roku to a wifi network.
Tip: If the error code doesn’t disappear after restarting the router, you can move on with the next fix.
Solution 3: Restart Roku
The next fix is to restart your Roku device, as it will help you to remove the bugs from your device.
1. Navigate to Settings on your Roku device.
2. Select the System option and tap System Restart.
3. Click Restart from the sub-menu.
4. Press the Ok button on your Roku remote to restart your Roku device.
Tip: After that, check if the error code issue is resolved or else get to solution 4.
Solution 4: Update Roku
If the error code exists after restarting your Roku device, ensure you are using the latest version of Roku. If not, update Roku to the latest version.
1. Head to Settings on your Roku device.
2. Click System and select the System Update option.
3. Tap Check Now to check for updates.
4. If you find an update available, hit the Update Now button.
After that, when an update is found, it will be automatically downloaded and installed on your Roku. Then, check if the error code 018 still appears.
Solution 5: Power Cycle your Roku Device
In case you still cannot fix the error code 018, you can try power cycling your Roku to fix the issue.
- Unplug your Roku device from the power source.
- Leave your Roku device unplugged for 5 minutes.
- Then, plug your Roku device back into the power source and power it on.
Tip: If the error code still has not disappeared, get to Solution 6.
Solution 6: Get Support from Internet Service Provider
You can contact your internet service provider and inform them to increase the bandwidth to 10 MBPS. Because if the bandwidth is less than 6 MBPS might be the reason for the error code. After changing the bandwidth, connect your Roku device to the wifi network to check if the Roku error code 018 has disappeared.
If you have tried all the above fixes and if the error code 018 persists, you need to contact Roku customer support and explain the issue.