Redbox is a video streaming service that gives you access to a variety of different channels along with attractive on-demand titles. The only man titles available on the service include popular movies and episodes of TV shows and series. You can buy or rent movies from the service and stream them. Moreover, you can stream these movies and shows offline after downloading them. If you find interesting movies, add them to your watchlist so that you will be notified. You can access the Redbox app on a variety of different devices, including Roku.
Redbox on Roku
Redbox doesn’t have a monthly subscription plan that you can sign up with. Instead, you can buy or rent the movies and TV shows that are available on the service starting from $2 per title. The cost of the different titles on Roku might be different depending on how long you wish to have the content on your device. It is an advantage that you only have to pay for what you watch on Redbox.
How to Install Redbox On Roku
1. From the Roku home screen, select the Streaming Channels option.
2. Select the Search Channels option from the left sidebar of your screen.
3. With the help of the onscreen keyboard, search for the Redbox app.
4. Select Redbox from the search results and then install it on your device by selecting the Add Channel option.
5. Wait for the Redbox app to complete installation on your device and click the OK button.
6. Select the Go to Channel option to launch the Redbox app.
2. Open the Roku app on your smartphone after installing it.
3. From the bottom of the app screen, selected the Devices tab.
4. From the list of devices on your screen, select the Roku device you wish to add the app to.
Note: You must connect your Android or iOS device and Roku to the same wifi network. Otherwise, your Roku won’t appear on the available devices list.
5. Next, select the Channels tab and then the Channel Store option from the top right corner of the screen.
6. Search for the Redbox app and then select the app from the search results.
7. Click on the Add Channel option to start installing the Redbox channel.
All the requested channels via Roku official app will be processed within 24 hours, or you can add the channel immediately by updating Roku.
How to Sign In and Stream Redbox on Roku
1. Launch the Redbox app.
2. Click on the Sign In button. Next, enter your login credentials to log in to your account.
3. On the app, you can see different options like Featured, Movies, TV Shows, Free, Live TV, Library, and My Account.
4. Using the Live TV option, you can watch live TV channels streaming on the service.
5. Select the Movies tab from the left side of your screen to find interesting movies streaming on the service that you can buy or rent.
Redbox Not Working On Roku: Fixes
The following are the troubleshooting steps you can follow to fix the issues on the Redbox app.
Issue: Can’t Load the App
- If you can’t load the content in the Redbox app, it might probably be because of a server outage. Wait till the server outage has been solved by Redbox.
- Check your internet connection. If your wifi network is slow, restart your wifi router by unplugging it from the power source for a few minutes.
- You can also connect to the internet by making use of an Ethernet cable.
- Contact your internet service provider in case of poor internet connection.
Issue: App Is Buffering
- If the app is buffering, it might be because of a poor internet connection. Therefore, restart your wifi router.
- You can also connect with a different wifi network if you have access to one.
- Close the app and then open it on your device to check if the Redbox app is still buffering.
- Restart your Roku device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart.
- Update Roku software from Settings > System > System Update > Check Now.
- Uninstall the Redbox app on your device and then re-install it back from the Channel Store.
Frequently Asked Questions
You need to uninstall and reinstall the Redbox app to fix any streaming issues.
No, you don’t need a subscription to access the Redbox platform. But to stream the content available on Redbox, you need to purchase or rent it.