Prime Video is one of the biggest names in the entertainment industry today. This is because of its entertaining collection of quality content in different languages. It lets you watch your favorite movies and episodes of your favorite series. The library of Prime Video will never fail to impress the masses. All the movies and other titles streaming on Prime Video can be accessed with a subscription only. Prime Video is available on a wide variety of different devices, including Roku. With the app, you can rent or purchase videos as well as download them for viewing them offline. Now, let us explore the ways to get Prime Video on Roku.
How Much is Amazon Prime Video on Roku
Prime Video is a subscription-based video streaming service. And the following is the list of subscription plans based on country.
|Country||Price per month||Price per year|
To subscribe to Amazon Prime Video, you can visit https://www.primevideo.com/.
How to Get Prime Video on Roku
1. Find the Streaming Channels option on the left sidebar of the home screen and select it.
2. On the next menu, select the Search Channels option.
3. Using the search bar and the onscreen keyboard, find the Amazon Prime Video app.
4. Click on the Add Channel button to start installing the app on your device.
5. Wait for app installation to come to an end and select the OK button from the prompt.
6. Finally, select the Go to Channel option to launch the Prime Video app.
Alternative Method – Add Prime Video to Roku
Connect Android or iOS device and Roku to the same wifi network and follow the steps below:
1. On your Android or iOS smartphone, open the Roku mobile app.
Note: if you don’t have the Roku app, install the app from the Play Store or App Store.
2. Sign in with your Roku account and tap on the Devices icon from the bottom of your screen.
3. As the name of your Roku device appears on your screen, select it.
4. Once connected, tap on the Channels tab.
5. Next, select the Channel Store icon on your screen.
6. Type in and search for the Prime Video app.
7. Initiate the app installation by selecting the Add Channel button.
8. If you have a Roku PIN, enter it in the given field.
9. Finally, the Prime Video app is added in 24 hours.
Tip: You can add the Prime Video immediately by updating Roku from Settings → System → System Update → Check Now.
How to Activate and Watch Prime Video on Roku
1. From the Roku home screen, press the Right Arrow button on your remote and select the Prime Video app. Next, press the OK button on the remote to launch Prime Video.
2. Click on the Sign In button on your screen.
4. With that, you can see the Activation Code displayed on your screen that you need to note down.
5. Using a web browser on your PC or smartphone, visit the Amazon Prime activation website: https://primevideo.com/mytv.
6. Enter the credentials of your Prime Video Account and log in to it.
7. Type down the Activation Code in the required field and select the Register Device button.
8. Now, the Prime Video app will be activated.
You can now stream your favorite movies or TV shows with the Prime Video app.
How to Fix the Prime Video Not Working On Roku TV Issue
If you face issues with the Prime Video app, you can easily troubleshoot it. Let’s find out the issues that you might face in the app and the most probable fixes.
Prime Video Won’t Load On Roku
- If the Prime Video app is not loading on your device, it might be because of a server outage. If that is the case, you might have to wait for it to be fixed.
- It might also be because of a weak internet connection. Therefore, you are advised to restart your wifi router.
The Prime Video App Won’t Open On Roku
- If the app is not opening, it might be because of some errors that might have occurred while installing the app. Therefore, uninstall the app and then reinstall it from the Channel Store.
- Perform a Power Cycle on Roku by unplugging it from the power source for 5 to 10 minutes.
Prime Video Keeps Crashing on Roku
- If the Prime Video app keeps on crashing, you might have to restart your Roku device.
- If there is a pending Roku software update, open Settings > System > Software Update > Check Now.
Can’t sign in to Prime Video
- If you can’t sign in to the app, it might be because you are using the wrong credentials, for instance, a password.
- Uninstall the Prime Video app and then reinstall it. Now, try signing in to the Prime Video app using the right credentials.
- If you are accessing the same account on different devices, it might also prevent you from signing in to a new device.
No, the Prime Video app is working very well.
If your Roku device is not compatible, you can’t get the Amazon Prime Video on Roku.