Pluto TV is a free platform that includes more than 100 live TV channels. It has a library rich with movies, TV shows, and other entertaining content. You can categorize the content under sports, news, entertainment, documentaries, comedy, adventure, true crime, and lifestyle. It has the best collection of exciting titles that will impress you. This includes channels and VOD titles for kids as well. If you are looking forward to watching your favorite TV channels on Roku for free, you need to get the Pluto TV app.
Pluto TV on Roku
The Pluto TV app is natively available for download in the Roku Channel Store. In addition, there is no subscription, no contracts, and no hidden charges to access Pluto TV. The only thing you need to take care of is the ads that will be displayed in between your streaming.
What’s on Pluto TV
Pluto TV has more than 100 TV channels that you can access completely for free. Following is a list of TV channels that you can access on the service.
- Pluto TV Drama
- Pluto TV Retro Toons
- Pluto TV Movies
- Pluto TV Crime
- Pluto TV Kids
- Pluto TV Conspiracy
- Pluto TV Food
- My 5 Documentaries
- My File Crime
- Ghost Dimension
- World Poker Tour
How to Install Pluto TV on Roku
1. Turn on and connect Roku to a wifi network.
2. Get to the Roku home screen by pressing the Home button on your remote.
3. From the left panel on your home screen, select the Streaming Channels option.
4. Navigate to and choose the Search Channels option on the next screen.
5. On the search bar, type in Pluto TV and search for it.
6. Choose Pluto TV from the search results.
7. You can start downloading Pluto TV by selecting the Add Channel button.
8. Wait for a few minutes so that the app download completes.
9. Once the download is complete, select the OK button.
10. You can open the app by selecting the Go to Channel option.
Alternative Method – Add Pluto TV on Roku
With the web version of the Roku Channel Store, you can easily add channels to Roku.
1. Turn on your computer and connect it to the internet.
2. Launch a browser and visit the official website of the Roku Channel Store.
3. Click on the Sign In button on the top right part of the screen.
4. Make sure that you sign in to the same Roku account that you have on your device.
5. Choose the Search Channels box in the Channel Store.
6. Type in Pluto TV on the search bar and search for the same.
7. Choose the app icon from the search results.
8. Initiate the app download by selecting the Add Channel option.
9. The requested channel will be added to Roku in 24 hours.
Note: You can update Roku to add the Pluto TV app immediately.
How to Activate Pluto TV on Roku
1. From the Roku home screen, open the Pluto TV app.
2. On the app screen, you will get an Activation Code that you need to note down. If you don’t get the activation code, select the Log In or Sign In button to get one.
3. Using a browser on your computer, visit the Pluto TV Activation website: http://my.pluto.tv/.
4. Enter the necessary details to sign in to your Pluto TV account.
5. In the next screen, enter the Activation code and then select the Activate button.
6. With that, the Pluto TV app will activate on Roku.
7. You can now stream your favorite movies, TV shows, and live TV for free on Roku.
How to Fix the Pluto TV Not Working Issue On Roku
The Pluto TV app might not be frequent with issues on Roku. If you come across any issues with the service, try these fixes.
Pluto TV Keeps Crashing
- If the Pluto TV app keeps on crashing on your device, it might be because of a weak internet connection. So, fix the internet connectivity issues and try again.
- Connect to your wifi network with the help of an Ethernet cable to increase the internet speed.
- Also, try uninstalling the Pluto TV app from your device and then reinstalling it.
Pluto TV Keeps Freezing
- If there is a pending software update on your Roku device, you are requested to update your device from the Settings.
- Clear the Cache on your Roku and try again.
Can’t Open the Pluto TV App
- If you cannot open the app on your device, try restarting your Roku by unplugging it from the power source for 5 or 10 minutes.
- Reset your Roku device and install the Pluto TV app once again.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the Pluto TV app offers a channel guide to find your favorite live TV programs.
Yes, Pluto TV offers the ABC channel in its lineup.