- Add PBS to Roku: Go to Roku Home >> Streaming Channels >> Search Channels >> Search PBS >> Add Channel.
- Activate PBS: Launch PBS >> Tap Activate Now >> Note Activation Code >> Go to Activation Webpage >> Type Activation Code >> Sign In with PBS Account.
PBS is an American cable TV channel that streams popular shows like Masterpiece, NOVA, Frontline, Nature, PBS NewsHour, and more. You can also watch these shows anytime you like by adding the PBS app on your Roku.
Is PBS on Roku?
Yes, the PBS app is available on the Channel Store, so you can easily add the channel and stream all your favorite videos on your Roku device.
Is PBS on Roku Free
Yes, the PBS channel is a free-to-air channel. Also, the PBS app is accessible for free with your Facebook or Google, or PBS account.
How to Add PBS to Roku
1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote to launch the Roku home screen.
2. Choose the Streaming Channels option from the home screen.
3. Next, select the Search Channels option.
4. Enter PBS in the search bar using the on-screen keyboard and search for it.
5. Select the channel from the search results.
6. Now, you will get to the channel info page. From there, select the Add Channel button.
7. Click the Ok button in the prompt that appears after installation.
8. Finally, hit Go to Channel to launch the channel on your device.
How to Activate PBS on Roku
1. Open the PBS channel and click the Activate Now button on the home screen.
2. Note down the activation code that appears on the screen.
3. Open a web browser on your Smartphone or PC.
4. Navigate to the PBS activation website.
5. Type the activation code in the provided field and tap the Continue button.
6. Next, sign in with your PBS account. Also, you can sign in with your Facebook or Google account.
7. Now, you can go back to the PBS app and start streaming your favorites on your TV.
How to Screen Share PBS on Roku
If you have the PBS app on your Android and iOS devices, you can screen mirror the app directly to your Roku device. To screen mirror, you need to enable AirPlay and Screen Mirroring features on Roku.
Screen Mirror PBS to Roku from Android Devices
1. Connect your Android device and Roku to the same wifi network.
2. Open the PBS app on your Android device.
3. If you don’t have the PBS app, get the app from the Google Play Store.
4. Next, go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
5. Choose your Roku device from the available devices list.
6. Now, your Android device screen will be screen mirrored to your Roku.
7. Launch the PBS app and sign in to your account.
8. Now, you can stream your favorites from PBS on the big screen.
Screen Mirror PBS to Roku from iOS Devices
1. Ensure your iOS device and Roku are connected to the same wifi network.
2. Get the PBS app from the App Store.
3. After installation, launch the PBS app.
4. Go to the Control Center and click the Screen Mirroring icon.
5. From the scanned devices list, choose your Roku device.
6. Next, go back to the PBS app and sign in with your account details.
7. Choose your favorite video from PBS and stream it on your TV.
Screen Mirror PBS to Roku from Windows PC
1. Turn on your PC and make sure it is connected to the internet.
2. Open a web browser and go to the PBS official website.
3. Make sure that both your PC and Roku are connected to the same wifi network.
4. Go to the Action Center on your Windows PC and click the Connect tile.
5. From the Connect tab, select your Roku device.
6. Now, your Windows PC’s screen will appear on Roku’s display.
7. Choose your favorite video from the website and directly stream it on your Roku.
How to Fix the PBS Not Working on Roku Issue
If the PBS app on your Roku is not working, you can follow the troubleshooting methods below:
1. First, you need to check whether you have a stable internet connection. If you find any issue with your internet connection, you need to restart your modem or router.
2. Check whether other apps on your Roku device are working. If other apps are working, close the PBS app and open it again.
3. Make sure you are using the current version of the PBS app, if not, update the PBS app to the latest version.
4. If the problem is not fixed yet, uninstall the app and reinstall it.
5. Using the outdated Roku firmware may be the reason why the PBS app is not working. So, update Roku to the latest version and fix the issues with the PBS app.
Frequently Asked Questions
With the PBS Passport subscription, you will get an extended on-demand library added to the PBS app.
The subscription to PBS Passport will cost you $60 per year.