Paramount Plus belongs to the list of media streaming services that have the best content streaming. It has content streaming in English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swedish, Danish, and Norwegian. Moreover, with the Paramount Plus app on Roku, you can easily stream your favorites on the big screen. However, some Roku users have experienced freezing and some other issues while streaming on the Paramount Plus app. If it’s the scenario for you, following the basic troubleshooting methods will help you fix the Paramount Plus app not working issue on Roku.
Why is My Paramount Plus App Not Working On Roku
When the Paramount Plus application buffers, freezes, and doesn’t load on your Roku TV, there might be more than one contributing issue. Following is a list of a few of the causes of the issue.
- Paramount Plus server issues
- Weak Or Poor internet connection
- Pending software update on your device
- The app was not properly installed
- Your subscription might have expired
How to Fix the Paramount Plus App Not Working Issue On Roku
The following troubleshooting methods will help you fix the streaming issues on the Paramount Plus app.
Check for Server Issues
One of the most common causes for the Paramount Plus app not working might be a server issue. You can check for a server issue with the help of Downdetector. In case the issue is with the server, you might have to wait for some time to access the application on Roku. The same applies to the Paramount Plus application on other devices.
Check Your Internet
If the Paramount Plus application on Roku is buffering or not loading, it might be a result of weak internet. You need to restart your Wi-Fi router if your internet is slow. Disconnect the Wi-Fi router from the power source and plug it back in only after 5 or 10 minutes. After turning it on, you can connect the Roku device to the internet. Further, try accessing the Paramount Plus application. If you have connected a lot of devices on the same Wi-Fi router, it might make the steaming slow on Roku. If these measures were of no help, you should contact your internet service provider.
Check Your Account Details
If the Paramount Plus subscription has expired, you might not be able to access it on your device. That is why you need to check if your Paramount Plus subscription is active at that point. If not, you can renew the subscription and then start streaming it on Roku.
Restart Paramount Plus
If the app is buffering or freezing, you can simply close the application on Roku. Once again, open the application and try streaming the title you have been watching. If the issue exists, you have to move on to the next troubleshooting measure.
You need to restart your Roku device as it will help you fix bugs on the device and other issues on it. Simply unplug your device from the power source for 5 to 10 minutes and then connect it back. You can alternatively restart your Roku device as follows.
1. Press the Home button to launch the home screen and open Settings.
2. After scrolling to the System option, select it.
3. Next, select the System Restart option followed by the Restart option.
4. Wait for the restart to complete, and then try accessing the Paramount Plus application.
Uninstall Paramount Plus and Reinstall It
If the Paramount Plus app is the only one that is coming up with issues, it might be because the app was not properly installed. So, you need to uninstall the Paramount Plus app and then install it back again on your device.
1. Go to the channel’s grid of your Roku.
2. Highlight the Paramount Plus app and click on the Asterisk (*) button on your remote.
3. On the menu that appears, select the Remove Channel option.
4. Wait for the app to be removed and go back to the home screen.
5. You can then install the Paramount Plus app from the Roku Channel Store.
Clear Roku Cache
If there is a lot of cache on your device, it might interfere with your streaming. Therefore, you need to clear the cache on your Roku as follows.
1. Go to the Roku home screen and grab the Roku remote in your hand.
2. Press the following buttons in the order mentioned below.
- Home button 5 times
- Up button once
- Rewind button 2 times
- Forward button 2 times
3. With that, you need to wait for 15 to 30 seconds.
4. During this time, all the buildup cache and junk files will be removed from your device.
Roku Software Update
Another reason for the apps on Roku to buffer and freeze is pending updates. So, update your Roku to the latest firmware as follows:
1. Open Settings from the Roku home screen.
2. Click on the System option on the settings menu.
3. Select the System Update option and then the Check Now option.
4. If there is a pending update, click on Update Now and wait for the update to be completed.
5. After the update is complete, you can try accessing the Paramount Plus application.
When you perform a factory reset on Roku, it will remove all the apps on the device as well as the customized settings. But at the same time, it will remove any bugs or other issues that you are facing on the device. After the factory reset, you will have to set up Roku and install the applications used to access it.
1. Open the Roku Settings menu from its home screen.
2. Navigate to and select the System option on the settings menu.
3. Next, select the Advanced System Settings option, followed by the Factory Reset option.
4. If the device asks you to enter a Roku PIN, type it down and then click on OK.
5. Next, click on the Start Factory Reset option and wait for the reset to complete.
6. You will have to set up the Roku device and then install the Paramount Plus application back.
Contact Customer Support
If even a Roku factory reset cannot help you, contact Customer Support. In case the issue is with the Paramount Plus app, contact Paramount Plus Customer Support. If you feel the issue is with your device, you can feel free to contact Roku Customer Support.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, users can download and access the Paramount Plus applications from the Roku Channel Store.
Make sure that you are providing the right account credentials while signing in. Also, check if you have signed in with the same account on multiple devices which is preventing you from signing into Roku.