Major League Baseball, commonly known as MLB, is one of the popular subscription-based streaming services to stream most Baseball tournaments. You can download the MLB app on Roku from the Channel Store. Sometimes, you may face the problem of the MLB TV app not working on your Roku device, or its content starts to buffer. It is a common problem that occurs in the MLB app. The problem can be fixed by the user themself by following the troubleshooting methods mentioned below.
MLB TV Not Working on Roku: Causes
If the MLB app is not functioning or fails to load the content on your Roku TV, it may be due to one of the many reasons listed below.
- Poor internet connection.
- Corrupted cache data
- Unsupported Roku device
- Outdated app
- Server down
How to Fix MLB TV Not Working on Roku
As mentioned above, the MLB TV app may not work for many reasons. If you are facing the reasons mentioned above, then you are lucky because it can be fixed easily by yourself with the troubleshooting steps mentioned below.
- The MLB app fails to load the content
- Video stops on the MLB app automatically
- The MLB app fails to open on Roku
- Corrupted cache on Roku
The MLB App Fails to Load the Content
A network problem is a major cause that does not allow the app to load the content properly.
- Poor internet connection
- Server down
If you are facing an internet issue, follow the steps mentioned below to fix the MLB TV not working on Roku.
1. Check the Internet Connection
The internet plays a vital role in every streaming app. It allows you to stream the content flawlessly and without buffering. If your internet connection is slow, you can fix it by power cycling the WiFi router.
(1) Eject the power cable of the WiFi router from the power outlet and wait for 5 -10 minutes.
(2) Now, plug in the power cable on the power outlet and turn on the switch.
(3) Once you have turned on the power switch, ensure to turn On your WiFi router.
(4) Now, turn on your Roku device and connect your Roku to the WiFi connection.
(5) Check if the internet problem is fixed.
(6) Open the MLB app and stream your favorite content.
2. Check the Server of the MLB App
Server down is one of the major problems that occur in every streaming service, which the user themself cannot fix. Usually, the server down happens only when the server is attacked with huge traffic. You should wait for a few hours until the server gets back to its normal stage. Since this problem cannot be fixed by the user themself, you can check the status of the server from third-party websites like Downdector. You can also get the official notification from the MLB’s social media account.
Video Stops on the MLB App Automatically
If the malfunction occurs on the MLB app, it does not allow you to load or stream the contents.
- Corrupted cache
- Expired subscription
You can resolve this problem by removing the MLB account from the app and reinstalling the app on your Roku.
1. Sign Out of your MLB Account from Roku
Sometimes, the app not working problem can be fixed by removing and re-logging into your account.
(1) Turn on your Roku device and connect Roku to the WiFi connection.
(2) Launch the MLB app on your Roku TV or Roku-connected TV.
(3) Click the Profile or Settings icon available on the app.
(4) Hit the Sign out or Log out button to remove your MLB account from the app.
(5) Now, clear the MLB app from the recent apps and re-launch the MLB app on Roku.
(6) Click the Sign in button and sign in to your MLB account.
(7) The problem of MLB TV not working on Roku might get resolved now.
(8) You can start streaming your favorite program on the MLB app on your device.
2. Check your MLB Subscription
Since MLB is a subscription-based streaming service, you can stream the content only with an active subscription. If your subscription has expired, you cannot stream the content. When you launch the app, it shows you a black screen. To eliminate this problem, you can check your MLB subscription plan from the MLB website or app. If it expires, subscribe with the desired plan to start accessing it on Roku.
3. Uninstall and Reinstall the MLB app Roku
(1) Turn on your Roku device and navigate to the home screen of Roku.
(2) Go to the Apps sections and highlight the MLB app.
(3) Press the Asterisk button (*) button on the Roku remote.
(4) Hit the option Remove Channel from the popup menu to uninstall the MLB app on Roku.
(5) Get back to the home screen and click the Streaming Channels option.
(6) Scroll down and click the Search channel option.
(7) Enter MLB using the on-screen keyboard and select the MLB app from the list of apps.
(8) Click the +Add Channel option to install the app on your Roku.
(9) Once the app has been downloaded, click the Go to channel option to launch the app Roku.
(10) Now, click the Login button and log in with your account credentials.
(11) The MLB app not working may resolve resolved now.
(12) Select and stream any content from the MLB app on Roku.
The MLB App Not Opening on Roku
The MLB app may is not compatible with the older version of the Roku device.
- Outdated version of the Roku software
- Outdated version of the MLB app
You can fix this problem easily by updating the Roku device or by updating the MLB app on Roku.
1. Update Roku Devic
(1) Go to the home screen of Roku and select the Settings option.
(2) Click the System option and choose System Update.
(3) Tap the Check Now button to scan the update.
(4) If your device founds the update, click the Update Now button to update your Roku device.
(5) After updating the Roku device, launch the MLB app and check the problem of MLB TV not working on the Roku issue.
2. Update the MBL App on Roku
(1) Turn on your Roku-connected TV and navigate to the Apps section.
(2) Select the MLB app and press the Asterisk button (*) on the Roku remote.
(3) Click the option Check for updates from the popup menu to scan for the update.
(4) If the application is available for update, it will get start to update automatically.
(5) After completing the update, launch the MLB app and start using it.
(6) Now, check if the MLB not working on the Roku issue is resolved.
Corrupted Cache on Roku
The cache data is a temporary thing that cannot be cleared completely from any device. Sometimes, the cache data will store the corrupted files on it. When the corrupted files are stored on the cache data, it may lead to the malfunctions like not working or buffering. You can clear the cache of the data on Roku to fix major troubleshooting problems.
- Over usage of the app
- Temporary bugs
You can fix this problem by clearing the cache on Roku, restarting, and resetting the Roku device.
1. How to Clear Cache on Roku
(1) Turn on your Roku device and move to the home screen.
(2) Fetch the Roku remote and press the home button 5(⌂) times.
(3) Now, press the up arrow(↑) once and rewind(⏪) button twice.
(4) At last, press the Fast Forward (⏩) button twice to clear the cache on Roku.
(5) The cache data will be cleared within 15-30 seconds.
2. How to Restart Roku
Restarting the Roku device will also help to clear the cache data on Roku. Follow the steps mentioned below to restart the Roku device.
(1) Go to the Settings of the Roku device.
(2) Locate and select the System option.
(3) Click the option System Restart and tap the Restart button.
(4) Wait for a few minutes until the device completes the restart process.
(5) Now, launch the MLB app and check the app. The problem should solve now.
3. How to Reset Roku
Resetting the Roku device will clear all data stored on the Roku device.
(1) Navigate to the Settings option on Roku and select System.
(2) Choose Advanced System Settings and tap the Factory Reset option.
(3) Now, enter your Roku pin number from the on-screen keyboard.
(4) Finally, click the OK button to reset your Roku device.
(5) Now, set up the Roku device and install the MLB app.
(6) Finally, stream your favorite content from the MLB app on Roku.
Frequently Asked Question
Yes, you can stream MLB.TV on Amazon Prime for free.