- Add Kanopy to Roku: Launch Roku home screen >> Streaming Channels >> Search Channel >> Search Kanopy >> Add Channel.
- Activate Kanopy: Open Kanopy >> Note Activation Code >> Visit the Activation Website >> Sign In with account details >> Paste the Code >> Start Streaming.
Kanopy is one of the best on-demand content streaming platforms that offers users unlimited entertainment. The app library is rich, with more than 30,000 films available on demand. The Kanopy app on Roku streams ad-free titles of classic movies, documentaries, and films. The titles can be categorized as festival favorites, children’s shows, and staff picks.
There is no separate subscription for Kanopy. You need to purchase the individual content in the library for streaming in the app.
How to Sign Up For Kanopy
Users can create an account with Kanopy in their official website.
1. Launch any web browser on your computer.
2. Type in Kanopy in the search bar and visit the Kanopy Official Website.
3. Select the Add Library Card button on the Kanopy webpage.
4. Fill in the fields on the screen with your Library card number and Password.
5. Also, log in with the email address and password to complete the sign-up process.
How to Install Kanopy on Roku
To get access to Kanopy on Roku, users can try two methods, and they are:
Add Kanopy on Roku Device
The standalone app of Kanopy is available in the Roku Channel Store of the device that users can download.
1. Launch the Roku home screen and select the Streaming Channels option.
2. Select the Search Channel option from the menu.
3. This opens a virtual on-screen keyboard for users to search for the Kanopy app.
4. From the search results, choose the Kanopy app icon.
5. Select the Add Channel button to initiate the app download.
6. Click the OK option as soon as the download completes on the device.
7. Also, select the Go to Channel option to open the app on Roku.
Install Kanopy from Roku Website
The second method to install Kanopy on the device is through the official Roku Channel Store website.
1. Turn on the computer and connect to the internet.
2. On the device, open any web browser and visit the Roku Channel Store.
3. Locate the Sign In button on the top-right corner of the webpage.
3. Enter the details of the Roku Account in the device to sign in to the Channel Store.
4. From the Channel Store, select the search icon.
5. Search for the Kanopy app and choose the app icon as it shows up.
6. On the next screen, select the Add Channel button on the Roku website.
7. This will initiate the download of the Kanopy app.
8. When the download completes, users can find the Kanopy app on their devices within 24 hours. To get the app, update the Roku device to the latest software.
How to Activate Kanopy on Roku
Users of the Kanopy app need to activate the app on their Roku device so that they can stream content from the service.
1. From the Roku home screen, open the Kanopy channel.
2. The Kanopy app displays the Activation code on the TV screen.
3. Turn on your computer and open any web browser.
4. Visit the Kanopy activation website on the web browser.
5. Provide the details of the Kanopy account in provided fields.
6. Paste the Activation code in the respective field and select the Submit option.
7. This will activate the Kanopy app on the device and stream any video from the app.
Now, you can move across the content library to choose the best classics to stream on the Roku device. You can also add movies to your list for easy access anytime.