- ITVX is a streaming app for watching ITV content.
- Add ITVX to Roku: Launch Roku home screen >> Streaming Channels >> Search Channel >> Search ITVX >> Add Channel.
- Activate ITVX: Open ITVX >> Select Sign In button >> Note Activation Code >> Visit the Activation Website >> Sign In to the ITV account >> Paste the Code >> Start Streaming.
ITV is a popular media streaming service based in the United Kingdom. The service streams live TV, movies, TV shows, documentaries, and other interesting content. The service doesn’t miss out on sports events like football and motorsports. You can also stream FIFA World Cup 2022 on the ITVX app. The Roku Channel Store comes with the official ITVX app to stream ITV content.
ITVX is an ad-free service that offers only two subscription plans.
- Monthly Subscription: £5.99
- Annual Subscription: £59.99
How to Install ITV on Roku
To add the ITVX app on Roku, users have two methods to adopt on their devices.
Add ITV on Roku Device
The Roku Channel Store hosts the ITV app, and users can install the app easily.
1. Turn on the Roku and press the Home button on the Roku remote to launch the home screen.
2. Select the Streaming Channels option from the home screen.
3. Choose the Search Channel option to access a virtual on-screen keyboard.
4. Search for the ITVX app using the search bar.
5. Choose the ITVX app icon and select the Add Channel button to download the ITVX app on Roku.
6. Select the OK option as the download process complete
7. Click the Go to Channel option to open the app on Roku.
Install ITV from Roku Website
You can also install the ITVX app on Roku from the official Channel Store. For this, users need to sign in to their Roku account on the website.
1. Power up the computer and connect the device to a stable Wi-Fi network.
2. Open any web browser like Google Chrome using the browser.
3. Go to the Roku Channel Store and select the Sign In button from the webpage.
4. Provide the details of the Roku Account to sign in to the Roku Channel Store.
5. Next, select the search icon and search for the ITVX app.
6. Choose the app icon as it shows up in the search suggestions.
7. Select the Add Channel button on the Roku website to install the app on the Roku device.
8. Find the ITVX app on the Roku device within 24 hours.
How to Activate ITV on Roku
The ITVX app needs an activation so that users can stream it on Roku. You can visit the ITVX Activation website to complete the process.
1. Open the ITVX app from the home screen of the Roku device.
2. Click on the Sign In button on the app screen.
3. The ITVX app shows the Activation Code on the screen.
4. Take note of the ITV Activation Code on the app screen.
5. Turn on a computer and open a web browser.
6. Go to the ITV Activation website and Sign In to your ITVX account.
7. Provide the activation code and click on the Continue button.
8. This will activate the ITVX app on the device.
9. Restart the ITVX app on the Roku device to play, and stream shows from the ITVX app.
How to Solve ITV Not Working on Roku
Users of the ITV app have reported issues with the app when it doesn’t work properly. If you come across some errors, fix them with these measures.
ITVX App Won’t Load
- The server of ITV might be down for maintenance, and you won’t be able to access the service on any device.
- Wait for ITV to fix the issues with the server.
- Make sure that the internet is strong and stable.
- Restart the Wi-Fi router and connect the Roku device to it.
ITVX App Won’t Open
- When the app doesn’t open, restart the Roku device from the Settings menu.
- Uninstall the ITVX app on the device and re-install it back from the Channel Store.
- Update the Roku device from its settings menu to fix any bugs on your device.
Frequently Asked Questions
Users can watch ITV on Hulu at $1.99 per month in addition to any of the subscription plans in the service.
The ITVX app can be accessed on Roku only in the UK. You can use VPN to bypass the geo-restriction of the app to watch the streaming anywhere.