- Access iTunes on Roku through Apple TV.
- Add Apple TV: Launch Roku Home >> Streaming Channels >> Scanning Channels >> Search Apple TV >> Add Channel.
- Activate Apple TV: Launch Apple TV >> Select Settings >> choose Accounts >> select Sign In >> click Sign In On This TV >> Note the activation code >> Go to Activation Website >> Enter Code >> Select Continue >> Start streaming.
iTunes is a platform that integrates a media player, a library, and a tool for managing mobile devices. With this client app for the iTunes Store, digital content for PCs is available for purchase. Also, users can play, download, and organize the content on the computers. On the Roku platform, iTunes doesn’t have a stand-alone app.
There is no separate pricing for iTunes. You can buy a subscription to Apple TV and Apple Music to access the content.
How to Access iTunes on Roku
With the absence of the native iTunes app in the Channel Store, users might be disappointed. However, users can use the Apple TV app as an effective replacement. To install the Apple TV, users can choose either of these two methods.
Add Apple TV on Roku Device
The simplest method to adopt to access Apple TV is by installing its native app from the Roku Channel Store.
1. Launch the Roku home screen and select the Streaming Channels option.
2. Navigate to the Search Channels option and select it.
3. Further, enter Apple TV on the search bar and look for the app.
4. Pick up the Apple TV app icon and click on the Add Channel button.
5 . Once the Apple TV channel is added, select the OK button from the prompt.
7. After that, choose the Go to Channel option to launch the Apple TV channel.
Install Apple TV From Roku Website
To get the Apple TV app on Roku, users can use the official Roku Channel Store on a web browser.
1. First, power up your computer and open any internet browser.
2. Go to visit the official website of Roku Channel Store website.
3. Next, select the Sign-in button and enter the Roku account details in the respective fields.
4. After entering the account details, select the Submit button.
5. Type in Apple TV on the search bar and browse for it.
6. Select the Apple TV app icon as it appears among the search results.
7. Further, select Add Channel button on the Roku website.
8. With that, Roku users can access Apple TV on their devices.
How to Sign In to Apple TV on Roku
After installing Apple TV, users need to sign in to their account in the app.
1. Open the Apple TV app from the home screen and select the Settings option.
2. From the menu, choose the Accounts option.
3. From the Accounts section, select the Sign In option.
4. Click Sign In On This TV to get the activation code for Apple TV.
5. Note the activation code and visit the Activation website on a browser.
6. Enter the activation code and click on the Continue button.
7. Also, sign in with your Apple TV Plus account to activate the app on Roku.
Alternative Method to Access iTunes on Roku
Apart from getting Apple TV to stream content from iTunes, users can get the following services.
Roku Media Player
The Roku Media Player is a TV channel app that users can download from the Channel Store. The app comes pre-installed on most versions of Roku devices. Users can access their personal files, including music files, video files, and photos, with the media player.
|Supported Media Servers||Plex|
Windows Media Player
|Supported Media||Music files, photos, and videos|
|Image Formats||JPG, PNG, GIF|
|Video Formats||H.264/AVC (.MKV, .MP4, .MOV)|
|Audio Formats||AAC (.MKV, .MP4, .MOV); MP3(.MP3, .MKV); FLAC (.FLAC, .MKV), PCM (.WAV, .MKV, .MP4, .MOV), AC3/EAC3 (.MKV,.MP4. .MOV, .AC3), DTS (.MKV, .MP4, .MOV,.DTS), ALAC (.MKV, .MP4, .MOV, .M4A), Vorbis (.OGG,.MKV,.WEBM)|
|Playlists||M3U, .M3U8, .PLS|
Movies Anywhere is a very helpful software that gathers all of your favorite movies that you’ve purchased in one location. Users may easily retrieve their purchases, including those from iTunes, with the app.
|Supported Services||Apple TV, Prime Video, Google Play, DirecTV, Xfinity, Verizon, VUDU, and Microsoft Movies and TV|
|Streaming Quality||4K UHD, HDR, and Dolby Vision|
Frequently Asked Questions
Users can stream iTunes Music on Roku with the Apple Music app in the Channel Store.