Hulu is a popular streaming service that is available in the United States and some parts of Japan. With Hulu, you can stream the latest movies, TV shows, Hulu Originals, and more. Also, you can stream more than 75+ live TV channels. In addition, it has a library with extensive collections of movies and TV shows from genres like Action, Comedy, Romance, Thriller, Horror, Adventure, Fantasy, and more. Hulu is compatible with Roku, Android, iOS, Firestick, and more. Now, let us see the procedure to get Hulu on Roku.
Features of Hulu
- Hulu allows you to stream on 2 devices simultaneously.
- You can download your favorite movies or TV shows and watch them later.
- You can create a total of 6 different user profiles for each account.
- Gives you access to thousands of movies and TV shows.
- It has add-ons like HBO Max, Cinemax, Showtime, STARZ, and more.
Hulu Supported Roku Devices
The following are the Roku models that support Hulu:
- Roku 3
- Roku TV
- Roku Streaming Sticks (3600 or more)
- 4K Roku TV
- Roku 4
- Roku Premiere
- Roku Premiere+
- Roku Express
- Roku Express +
- Roku Ultra
Hulu Subscription Plans and Pricing
|Hulu||$6.99 per month|
|Hulu (No Ads)||$12.99 per month|
|Hulu, Disney+, and ESPN+||$13.99 per month|
|Hulu (No Ads), Disney+, and ESPN+||$19.99 per month|
|Hulu + Live TV||$69.99 per month|
|Hulu (No Ads)+ Live TV||$75.99 per month|
How to Sign Up to Hulu
1. From any of your devices, open a web browser.
2. Visit the official website of Hulu: https://www.hulu.com/.
3. Click on the Sign Up for Hulu only option. Choose the Plan you want and choose the Select button.
4. On the Create Your Account page, enter your Email, Password, Name, and more.
5. Click on Continue. On the Add Your Billing Info page, enter your Credit/Debit Card details.
6. Select Submit. You have now subscribed to Hulu.
How to Install Hulu on Roku
1. Turn on your Roku device and press the Home button on your Roku remote.
2. On the home screen, select the Streaming Channels option.
3. Next, select the Search Channels option.
4. Enter Hulu on the search bar using the on-screen keyboard and press the OK button on your remote.
5. Choose Hulu from the suggestion list and click on Add Channel.
6. Once the channel is added, select OK from the prompt.
7. Hit the Go to Channel option to launch Hulu.
How to Activate Hulu on Roku
1. Launch the Hulu Channel on Roku.
2. You will see an Activate code appearing on the screen. Note it down.
3. From any other devices, visit hulu.com/activate.
4. Enter your Email and Password, and click on Log In.
5. Type the Activation Code in the given field and click on Activate.
6. The Hulu Channel on Roku will now be activated.
7. The content on the Hulu app will refresh, and your favorites are ready to stream.
Alternative Method – Screen Mirror Hulu on Roku
If you cannot add Hulu on Roku but want to stream it, the only option is screen mirroring Hulu on Roku. Before you screen mirror from your device, you must ensure that screen mirroring on Roku is enabled. If not, enable it.
Enable Screen Mirroring on Roku
1. On the Roku home screen, select Settings.
2. Click on System and select Screen Mirroring.
3. Select Screen Mirroring Mode and choose either Prompt or Always Allow to allow screen mirroring on Roku.
Screen Mirror Hulu to Roku Using Android Devices
Connect your Android device and Roku to the same wifi network and follow the steps below:
1. Go to the Google Play Store on your Android device.
2. Search for Hulu and select the app from the results.
3. Click on the Install button to install the Hulu app.
4. Once the installation is done, open the Hulu app.
5. Sign in using your Hulu account credentials.
6. Go to Notification Panel and select Cast.
7. Choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
8. Select OK on your Roku device when asked for permissions.
9. The contents on your Android screen will be cast to Roku.
10. Move to the Hulu app and enjoy streaming your favorites on Roku.
How to Log Out Hulu on Roku
1. Launch your Hulu channel on Roku.
2. Click on the Profile icon on the top right side of the screen.
3. Select the Log Out option.
4. Click the Log Out option to confirm logging out of your Hulu account.
5. You have successfully logged out of Hulu on Roku.
How to Cancel Hulu Subscription on Roku
1. Press the Right Arrow button on your remote while you are on the home screen of Roku.
2. Select Hulu from the channel’s list and press the Asterisk (*) button on your Roku remote.
3. From the available options, select the Manage Subscription option.
4. Click on Cancel Subscription to cancel your Hulu subscription.
How to Solve Hulu on Roku Not Working
1. The reason your Hulu app is not working might be due to a slow internet connection. Check your internet connection to solve the problem.
2. If there are too much cache data stored on your Hulu app, it will cause the app not to work properly. Try clearing cache data on the Hulu app to solve the problem.
3. You can try Uninstallating the Hulu app on Roku and after a few minutes, install the app back on Roku. Now, check whether the app is working or not.
4. The reason Hulu is not working might be due to account issues. To solve the problem, log out of Hulu on Roku, and after a few minutes, try logging in back.
5. If the Hulu servers are down, it can cause Hulu not to work properly. Check whether Hulu servers are down by visiting the official website or a third-party website called Downdetector.
6. If the Hulu app you are using is outdated, it can cause a lot of trouble. Update the Hulu app and check whether it is working or not.
Frequently Asked Questions
You might not have updated the Hulu app, and that’s why Hulu is not working.
No, it will be just a rumor as it has millions of subscribers.