Dailymotion is a popular video sharing and video hosting platform. It is available in more than 140+ countries like the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Mexico, Italy, Ireland, Japan, and more. You can stream the latest sports, news, music, and more from independent content creators, premium creators, and others. Just like Youtube, you can monetize your content on Dailymotion. Moreover, you also have the option to stream the content from Dailymotion to Roku.
Features of Dailymotion
- It allows you to save videos to watch later.
- You can stream content from some of the best publishers, listen to high-quality music, and get the latest news on Daily Pulse.
- You can build and update your own library.
- Allows you to create your own personalized playlists.
How to Sign Up to Dailymotion
1. From your Smartphone or PC browser, visit Dailymotion’s official website.
2. Click on the Sign Up button from the upper right corner of the interface.
3. On the Sign Up page, enter your Email address, Password, and other details.
4. Click on Sign Up to create your Dailymotion account.
Note: You can also sign up using your Facebook or Google account.
Is Dailymotion on Roku?
No, Dailymotion is not available on Roku. Although you cannot add it on Roku, you can screen mirror Dailymotion from devices like:
- Android Devices such as smartphones and tablets
- Apple Devices such as iPhones, iPads, and Mac PC.
- Window PC
Prerequisite to Screen Mirroring on Roku
1. First, you need to connect the device you are going to screen mirror from (Android or iOS devices and PC) and Roku to the same wifi network.
2. Enable the screen mirroring feature from the Roku Settings.
3. If you are screen mirroring from iOS devices, you need to enable the AirPlay feature on Roku.
Mirror Dailymotion From Android Devices
1. Go to the Play Store on your Android device.
2. Search for Dailymotion and choose the app from the results.
3. Click on Install, and the app will be installed on your device.
4. Go to the Notification Panel and tap on the Cast icon.
5. From the list of available devices, choose your Roku device.
6. Select Allow when prompted on your Roku device.
7. The screen of your Android device will be mirrored to Roku.
8. Launch the Dailymotion app and sign in to your account.
9. Play any content on the Dailymotion app and mirror it to Roku.
Mirror Dailymotion From Windows PC
1. Power on your Windows PC and launch a web browser.
2. Visit the official website of Dailymotion.
3. Log in to your account.
4. Once you have logged into your account, press the Windows + k keys simultaneously on the keyboard.
5. On the Connect window that appears, select your Roku device.
6. Select the Allow button on your Roku if prompted.
7. You can now cast contents from your windows to Roku.
8. Start watching your favorite content on Roku.
Mirror Dailymotion From iOS Devices
1. Go to the App Store and install the Dailymotion app.
2. After installation, launch the Dailymotion app and sign in to your account.
3. Next, go to the Control Center and tap on the Screen Mirroring icon.
4. Now, a list of available devices will appear on the screen of your iOS devices. From there, select your Roku device.
5. You can now see your iOS device’s screen mirrored to your Roku.
6. Go back to the Dailymotion app and mirror its content to your TV.
Screen Mirror Dailymotion on Roku From Mac
1. Power on your Mac device and open the Safari browser.
2. Go to the official website of Dailymotion and log in to your account.
3. Hit the Control Panel icon on the home screen and click on the Screen Mirroring option.
4. Choose your Roku device from the available devices list.
5. Open the web browser tab that contains Dailymotion and mirror its content on Roku.
Frequently Asked Questions
There is currently no non-certified private channel available for Dailymotion.
Vimeo is one of the best alternatives to Dailymotion.