By creating a Roku PIN, you can completely secure your Roku device. With this, no one can add channels or make any changes to your device Settings without proper authorization. Moreover, you need a Roku PIN to set up Parental Controls. In case you forgot your Roku PIN, it is easy to recover.
How to Create a Roku PIN
1. Launch any web browser like Google Chrome that you have on your computer.
2. Visit the official website of Roku and click on the Sign in button.
3. Enter the details of your Roku account in the respective fields to sign In.
4. Click on the Profile icon from the upper right corner and choose the My Account option.
5. Under the PIN Preference section, click on the Update button.
6. Under the Create PIN section, type in the four-digit PIN and verify it below.
7. Also, make necessary changes to your PIN Settings as well.
8. Further, you can use the PIN for parental controls as well.
9. Once done, click on the Save Changes option.
Now, you have successfully created your Roku PIN.
How to Reset Roku PIN
If you don’t remember the PIN, you can simply reset it. This means that you need not have to provide the existing Roku PIN to reset it. Follow these instructions to reset your PIN.
1. Turn on a web browser like Google Chrome on your device.
2. Use the web browser to go to the Roku website.
3. Click on the Sign In button and enter your subscription details to sign in.
4. After signing in, select the Profile icon from the home screen and choose the My account option.
5. Go to the PIN Preferences section and click on Update.
6. In the respective field, enter a new four-digit PIN and then verify it.
7. Finally, scroll down to the bottom and click on the Save Changes button.
Know the Roku PIN Settings
While setting and managing the PIN of your device, you come across the following Settings. Let’s get to know each of these in detail.
Always Require A PIN to Make Purchases and Add Items from the Channel Store
- With this feature enabled, users will always have to provide their PIN prior to making any purchase.
- With that, the device will use the payment details in your Roku account to make the purchase.
- Also, the users have to provide their PIN when they install any channel on your player.
Always Require a PIN to Make Purchases
- You will always have to provide the PIN of your device when you need to make purchases.
- However, you don’t have to provide the PIN when you install any app from the Channel Store.
PIN is Not Required to Make Any Purchase or Add Any Items From the Channel Store
- With this feature enabled, you don’t have to provide any PIN for purchases or while installing apps.
Roku PIN for Parental Controls
As you know, you can use the PIN for your device for parental controls. There are four Parental Controls options for the PIN as follows.
- Little Kids: With this option enabled, you can stream content rated G, TV-Y, or TV-G without using a PIN. At the same time, you need to enter a PIN to stream other content.
- Young Kids: By enabling this option, you can watch content rated G, PG, TV-Y, TV-G, TV-Y7, and TV-PG. However, all other contents require a PIN to stream.
- Teens: With the Teens option enabled, you can watch all the content rated TV-14, PG-13, TV-PG, PG, TV-Y, TV-Y7, TV-G, and G. At the same time, all the other content requires a PIN.
- Off: This will turn off Parental Controls, and anyone can watch all the content in the library without a PIN.
How to Fix If the Roku PIN is Not Working
If you find that the Roku PIN is not working, you need to try the following troubleshooting measures so that you can fix the issue.
1. Try updating your Roku PIN with the help of a web browser that you have on your computer using the official Roku website.
2. Reset the PIN of your device from the official Roku website with the help of a web browser on your computer.
3. Restart the Roku device by unplugging it from the power source for a couple of minutes and then connecting it back.
4. Try updating your Roku device from Settings > System > System Update > Check Now.
5. Perform a factory reset on your Roku device from Settings > Advanced System Settings > Factory Reset.
6. Contact Roku Support for more help if you can’t get your Roku PIN to work on your device.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, once you create a Roku PIN, there is no possible way of deleting it. However, you can disable the use of Roku PIN.
Once you create your PIN, you need to note it down somewhere. Otherwise, you need to reset your PIN.