Roku is a media player that you can use to stream live TV channels, movies, TV shows, and more. It offers thousands of channels, and these channels come from various categories like Entertainment, Sports, Utility, Travel, Games, Lifestyle, Educational, and more. These channels include Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, Peacock TV, and a lot more. But like any other media player, there are times when it will encounter issues like the TV screen being frozen, not responding to any inputs, no sound, blank screen, unresponsive app, and more. But to solve these issues, you can simply restart Roku TV.
How to Restart Roku TV
There are two ways to restart Roku TV. They are:
1. Using Roku Remote
- From Settings
- Using remote Shortcut keys
2. Without a Roku Remote
- Force Restart
- Using Roku app
How to Restart Roku using Remote
The following methods will help you restart Roku with a remote:
Restart from Settings
1. Turn on your Roku device and select the Settings option on the home screen.
2. Click on the System option and select the System Restart option.
3. Select the Restart option and press OK. Your Roku device will restart.
Note: For older Roku devices, there will be no System Restart option. It is only available on the new Roku devices.
Restart Using Remote Shortcut
Sometimes because of an issue, your Roku device may be frozen, and you cannot access the settings. In this case, you need to press a series of buttons on your Roku remote to solve the problem.
1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote five times
2. Press the Up arrow button one time.
3. Now, press the Rewind button twice.
4. Press the Fast Forward button two times.
5. Once you press the button in this order, the Roku TV will turn off, and after a few seconds, it will turn on again. The frozen status will be cleared, and you can use Roku normally.
How to Restart Roku TV without a Remote
With the following methods, you can easily restart Roku TV without a remote.
Force Restart Roku
1. Unplug the Roku device from the power source and wait for about 30 seconds.
2. Then, plug the power cable back into the power source and turn on the switch.
3. Now, check whether the Roku is working properly.
Restart using Roku App
With the Roku Mobile, you can use the remote interface on it to control your Roku TV.
Note: You should connect your Android or iOS device and Roku to the same wifi network.
1. Launch the Roku app on your Android or iOS smartphone.
Roku app for Android device: Google Play Store
Roku app for iOS device: App Store
2. Then, click on the Profile icon and sign in to your Roku account.
3. After that, tap on the Devices tab from the bottom of the screen.
4. Choose your Roku device that is displayed on the screen.
5. Once your Roku device is connected, select the Remote tab.
6. Now, you can use the remote interface to go to Settings > System > System Restart > Restart.
Frequently Asked Questions
To restart your TCL Roku TV, select Settings > System > Power > System Restart > Restart > OK. Your TCL Roku TV will restart.
On the back of Roku is the Reset button or Pin hold. Press the reset button to reset your Roku TV. If it is a Pinhole, you need a paper clip to reset your TV.
Once the device is reset, your home screen will appear on the screen. Now, you need to connect your device to a Wi-Fi network and sign in using your Roku account. You need to download all the apps and sign in again.
Press and hold the Reset button on your Roku TV until you see the TV turning off. You can also try Factory reset to solve the black screen issue.