- On Roku TV: From Roku Home → Select HBO Max Channel → Settings → Sign Out.
- From the HBO Max website: Go to HBO Max Website → Sign-in → Profile → Manage Devices → Sign Out → Roku Device.
- Using HBO Max Mobile App: Open HBO App → Settings → Manage Devices → Roku Device → Sign Out.
Roku is one of the most popular and budget-friendly streaming devices. Since Roku devices are affordable and user-friendly, many users have more than one device in their homes. This may become a trouble if you are to screen mirror or AirPlay to Roku from Android or iOS devices. In that situation, you may need to select your Roku device’s name. Here, you can get confused to select which Roku device to choose if it has a similar name. So, if you don’t want to end up in a similar situation, you can anytime rename your Roku device.
Can I Rename My Roku Device?
Yes, you can easily rename your Roku device either by using your Roku account or through the Roku mobile app. You are only required to spend 2 minutes time for that.
Reasons to Rename your Roku Device
Some of the main reasons why you need to change the name of your Roku device are:
- If you have many Roku devices, it will be hard for you to identify which Roku device you are currently using without setting a name.
- The name of your Roku devices feels too old.
- You have named two or more Roku devices with the same name.
How to Rename Roku
As mentioned earlier, there are two ways to rename Roku. They are:
- From Roku Website
- Using Roku Mobile
Rename Roku from its Official Website
If you have more than one Roku device with the same model, you need a serial number to identify it.
1. Turn on your Roku device.
2. On the home screen, select the Settings option.
3. Click on the System option under Settings.
4. Select the About option. On the System info page that appears, note down the Serial number of your Roku device.
5. Now, from your Smartphone or PC, go to the Roku official website.
6. Select Sign in. Enter your Roku Email and Password and click on Submit.
7. Once you have logged into your account, Select the Profile icon on the home page.
8. Choose the My account option. Next, scroll down to the My Linked devices section.
9. You can now see all your Roku devices synced with your account.
10. Select your Roku device with the serial number you noted down earlier.
11. Click on the Pencil icon next to your Roku device’s name.
12. Enter the name that you want for your Roku device and click on the Update option.
13. Your Roku device name will be updated, and you have successfully changed your Roku device.
Rename Roku Using Roku Mobile App
2. Make sure that you have connected your Android or iOS device to the same wifi network as your Roku device.
3. Open the Roku mobile app and sign in using your Roku account.
4. On the Roku mobile app home screen, tap on Devices in the bottom right corner.
5. Now, your Roku app will scan for all nearby devices.
6. Choose your Roku device from the list of devices.
7. Select the three-dotted icon on your Roku device.
10. From the available options, select the Set Name and Location option.
11. Type a new name and set a new location if needed.
12. Click on the Save option.
Finally, you have renamed your Roku device.