You can’t jailbreak Roku as it follows strict security protocols. However, there are a lot of other ways you can follow to stream the contents that are unavailable in the Roku Channel Store
What is Jailbreaking?
The concept of jailbreaking is nothing but removing the restrictions on your device that are imposed by the manufacturer. This allows you to install third-party apps on your device that couldn’t be found on the App Store.
How to Jailbreak Roku TV
Since there is no way for you to Jailbreak Roku, the following methods will help you to stream the content that is unavailable on the Roku Channel Store.
- Use Screen Mirroring
- From the Roku Mobile app
- Using Roku Media Player
How to Enable Screen Mirroring Mode on Roku
Your Roku has a built-in screen mirroring feature. With this feature enabled, you can screen mirror your Android devices, iOS devices, and Windows PC screen to your Roku. Then, you can screen mirror your favorite content to Roku from these supported devices. To enable the screen mirroring mode on Roku, open Settings > System > Screen Mirroring > Screen Mirroring Mode > Prompt or Always Allow.
Screen Mirror Android Devices to Roku
1. Initially, connect both your Android device and Roku to the same WiFi network.
2. Launch the Notification Panel of the Android device.
3. Further, tap the Cast icon.
4. Next, select the Roku device from the list on your screen.
5. The Android device’s screen will mirror your TV.
6. Now, you can stream any content on your Android device and watch them on Roku.
Screen Mirror Windows PC to Roku
1. First, connect your Windows PC and Roku to the same WiFi network.
2. Launch the Windows Action Centre on your computer.
3. Further, select the Connect tile in the Action Center.
4. From the list of devices, choose your Roku device.
5. Wait for the computer screen to mirror on your TV.
6. Finally, play any content from the computer and watch them on your TV.
Screen Mirror iOS Devices to Roku
1. Enable AirPlay on your Roku from Settings > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit Settings > AirPlay.
2. Next, connect your iOS device to the same wifi network as Roku.
3. Launch the Control Centre of your iOS device.
4. Locate the Screen Mirroring option and tap the icon.
5. On the available devices list, choose your Roku device.
5. Now, your iOS device’s screen will be mirrored to Roku.
6. Play any content on your iOS device and mirror them to Roku.
Use the Official Roku Mobile App
Even by connecting your Roku app to TV, you can screen mirror the contents on your Android or iOS device from the local storage.
1. Get the Roku mobile app from the Play Store or App Store on your Android or iOS device.
2. Connect your Android or iOS device and Roku to the same wifi network.
3. Select the Devices option from the bottom of the screen.
4. Select your Roku device from the scanned devices list.
5. Once your Roku device is paired, tap the Media icon adjacent to the name of your Roku device.
6. Choose the music, photo, video, or screensaver that you want to access on Roku.
7. Now, you can enjoy streaming your favorite media content on your TV.
Roku Media Player
The Roku Media Player app is officially on the Channel Store. This app helps you with accessing the content from your USB drive. The only requirement is that you need to format your USB drive in the following formats: FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, EXT2, EXT3, and HFS+. On most Roku device models, you can find this app defaultly in the Channel Store or you can just get the Roku Media Player app from the Roku Channel Store.
1. Connect the USB drive to your Roku Player or TV.
2. Next, launch the Roku Media Player app and select the appropriate Media Type.
3. Further, choose the device that stores the media files.
4. Use your Roku remote to go to the content to stream.
5. By simply selecting the OK button, start playing the content.
Other Ways to Jailbreak Roku
You must not be aware of the hidden channels on your Roku. These are the types of channels that are available through direct publishing from unknown developers. You can’t find these hidden channels on the Roku Channel Store. However, there is a way for you to add these types of hidden channels.
1. Go to the official website of Roku on any web browser.
2. Sign in to your account.
3. After that, click on the Profile icon from the upper right corner.
4. Choose the My Account option.
5. Under the Manage account section, click on Add Channel with a code option.
6. Enter the Channel Code and click on the Add Channel button.
7. After you update Roku, the private channel will add to your Roku.
Some of the best private channels and their channel code are listed below:
- Twitch – TwitchTV
- Nowhere TV – NMJS5
- Silent Movies – RLQXKG