Discovery Plus (or Discovery+) is a fascinating American media streaming service from Warner Bros. The app has a content library that is rich with titles from different channels of Discovery. This includes Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, Travel Channel, Food Network, Investigation Discovery, CNN, and more. Moreover, the Discovery Plus app is also compatible with Roku. So, you can get your favorite shows from Discovery Plus anytime on the big screen.
Can you Get Discovery Plus on Roku
Roku Channel Store itself hosts the official Discovery Plus application that users can download and install. Now, there will be a question, “how much is Disney Plus on Roku? The various subscription plans available on Discovery are as follows.
- You can get a Discovery Plus subscription at $4.99.
- You can further get an ad-free subscription on Discovery Plus for $6.99.
- In addition, you can get a 7-day free trial on both of the subscription plans.
How to Sign Up With Discovery Plus
1. Initially, open a web browser on your smartphone or computer and visit the official website of Discovery Plus.
2. Select the Start Free Trial button on the top right corner of your screen.
3. Further, choose the subscription plan you want.
4. Click on the Continue button and then enter a username and password for your account.
5. Select the Agree and Continue buttons on the Terms and Conditions page.
6. Also, provide your payment details to create your account on Discovery Plus.
How to Get Discovery Plus on Roku
Turn on and connect Roku to wifi. Then, you can follow the steps below:
1. Select the Streaming Channels option from the left pane.
2. Scroll down and select the Search Channels option.
3. Search for Discovery Plus using the keyboard.
4. Pick Discovery Plus from the search result.
5. Next, click on the Add Channel button to initiate the app download.
6. Wait for the app download to complete and hit the OK button from the prompt.
7. On the next screen, select the Go to Channel option to launch the Discovery Plus channel.
Alternative Method to Add Discovery Plus on Roku
You can alternatively add the Discovery Plus app on your device using a web browser as follows.
1. Open a web browser on your computer and visit the official website of the Roku Channel Store.
2. Hit the Sign-in button from the upper right corner and enter the necessary credentials to sign in to your Roku Account.
3. Use the search bar to search for the Discovery Plus app and pick the same from the search results.
4. From the channel info page, click on the Add Channel button.
5. Now, you need to update Roku to immediately add Disney Plus to your channel’s grid.
How to Sign In To Discovery Plus on Roku
1. Open the Discovery Plus app on your device after installing it.
2. If you already have a Discovery Plus account, select the Sign in button and provide your account details to sign in.
3. In case you don’t have an account on Discovery Plus, click on the Start 7 Days Free Trial button.
4. On the next screen, choose your Subscription Plan.
5. Next, follow the on-screen prompts and subscribe to Discovery Plus.
6. After that, you can now start streaming your favorite shows from Discovery Plus on the big screen.
How to Cancel Discovery Plus on Roku
1. Press the Home button of your remote to launch the Roku home screen.
2. Open the Channel’s grid by pressing the Right button on your remote.
3. Press the Asterisk (*) button on your remote.
4. Select the Manage Subscription followed by the Cancel Subscription option.
5. Once again, choose the Cancel Subscription option to confirm the process.
6. Finally, click on Done to cancel your Discovery Plus subscription.
How to Fix Discovery Plus Not Working on Roku
Just like any other application you have on your Roku device, Discovery Plus can come across issues. These issues might be because of the Discovery Plus server being down or other bugs on your device. You can use the following troubleshooting methods if you come across the mentioned issues on the app.
- You need to make sure that there is no server outage from Discovery Plus using websites like Downdetector.
- Close the application and then restart Discovery Plus on Roku.
- Uninstall the application from your Roku device and then reinstall it so that the app is properly installed.
- You need to check if your internet connection is stable.
- Further, restart your wifi router by unplugging it from the power source for a couple of minutes and then connecting it back.
- Also, get the help of an Ethernet cable to connect to the internet for better internet speed.
- Restart your Roku device by unplugging it from the power source. After 5 to 10 minutes, connect it back to the power source and try streaming Discovery Plus.
- Perform a software update on Roku so that any minor bugs on the device can be removed.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can add the application on Roku for free, but you need to be a valid subscriber to stream it.
You need a high-speed internet connection to stream the Discovery Plus app uninterruptedly.
Now, the Discovery Plus is available and working very well on Roku.