Your Roku has a lot of features like Private listening, finding your remote, Parental Control, and more. Even you can use the Roku remote app to control your Roku TV. But sometimes, your Roku device may not get recognized while pairing it with the Roku app. In that scenario, you have to manually input your IP address to connect your Roku device to the Roku app. For that, you are required to find your IP address on your Roku. Also, your IP address will be useful for you in other troubleshooting measures.
How to Find IP Address on Roku
All the different methods available to find the IP address of your device are simple. Following is a list of methods you can adopt to find the IP address.
- From Roku Settings
- Using Roku app
Find IP Address From Roku Settings
1. Press the Home button of the Roku remote to go to the home screen.
Note: Make sure to connect your Roku device to wifi.
2. Launch the Settings menu from the home screen.
3. Select the Network option from the menu and then the About option.
4. On the About menu, you can see the IP address mentioned separately.
Find IP Address Using the Roku Mobile App
Alternatively, If you already have connected your Roku device to the Roku app, you can easily find the IP address as follows. In this scenario, you may need the IP address for alternative troubleshooting methods.
Note: The Roku app is available for both Android and iOS devices.
1. Make sure that you connected your Roku device to the same wifi network as your Android or iOS device.
2. Go to the Google Play Store or the App Store and install the Roku app.
3. Sign in to the app with the same account as that of your Roku device.
4. Hit the Devices tab from the bottom right corner.
5. Connect your Roku device and tap the Three Horizontal icon.
6. From the pop-up menu, tap the View System Info option.
7. On the next screen, you can see the IP Address of your device.
Alternative Ways to Find IP Address of your Roku
Further, there are two other ways you can use to find the IP address of your Roku. They are:
1. Find IP Address using your Router
Alternatively, you can log in with your Router ID on a web browser and find the IP address. You can find your Router account credentials on the backside of the device.
2. Contact Roku Customer Care
The last option you have left with to get the IP address of your Roku is contacting customer support. You can either contact the customer support team through call at 44 203 684 1123 or through online support.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use the official Roku mobile app to find the IP address without a remote.
Contact customer support with your serial number to find your IP address.