Does your guest at home who is a Roku user wish to use your Roku device? No worries; there is a way to share your Roku device with your guest. If they want to stream their subscription channels, you can use the guest mode feature on your Roku device. With the guest mode enabled, your guest can log in with their Roku account and stream their subscription channels.
What is Roku Guest Mode
Guest Mode is an advanced feature on your Roku device. It lets you share your Roku device with the guest at your home. When you enable this feature on your device, your guests will be able to sign in with their account confidently because their subscription channels will be removed from your Roku device when they sign out. Further, your guests will not be able to access your subscription channels, make purchases, or change your settings.
How to Enable Guest Mode on Roku
While you are in the process of enabling guest mode, you need to enter your PIN. If you didn’t set a PIN previously, follow the below steps to set up your Roku PIN.
Set Up Roku PIN
1. Open a web browser and go to the Roku official website.
2. Sign in with your Roku account details.
3. Under the PIN preference section, click on the Update option.
4. Next, under Create PIN section, enter a four-digit PIN number of your choice.
5. Reenter your Roku PIN in the section below.
6. Scroll down to the bottom and click on the Save Changes button.
Finally, you have created your Roku PIN.
Enable Guest Mode Using Roku Device
1. Turn on your Roku and press the Home button on your Roku remote to launch the home screen.
2. Scroll down and select the Settings option.
3. On the next screen, choose the System option.
4. Scroll down and select the Guest Mode option.
5. Next, hit Enter Guest Mode and enter your Roku PIN.
6. Once entered, click the Ok button.
7. Finally, the Guest Mode will be enabled.
Your guest can now log in with their Roku account to stream on their favorite channels.
Enable Guest Mode from Roku Account
1. Open a web browser on your PC or Smartphone.
2. Navigate to the Roku official website.
3. Sign in with your Roku account details.
4. Hit the Account icon from the home screen and choose the My Account option.
5. Scroll down and go to the My linked devices section.
6. Pick your device from the list and click the Enable Guest Mode option.
7. Type your PIN and hit Enable Guest Mode.
How to Disable Guest Mode on Roku
After your guest leave, you will find the same welcome screen on your Roku TV screen.
1. Press the Asterisk (*) button on your Roku remote
2. Select Disable Guest Mode that appears on the screen.
3. Enter your Roku PIN to confirm the process.
If you are unable to see the welcome screen, you can use the below steps to disable it on Roku.
1. Go to the Roku home screen by pressing the Home button on your Roku remote.
2. Select Settings and click System.
3. Next, choose the Guest Mode option.
4. Tap Exit Guest Mode.
5. Provide your PIN and hit the Ok button to exit Guest Mode on your device.
Disable Guest Mode Using Roku Account
1. Open a web browser on your PC and go to the Roku website.
2. Sign in with your Roku account details if prompted.
3. After that, click on the Profile icon and choose the My Account option.
4. Move on to the My linked devices section.
5. Choose your Roku device and click on the Disable Guest Mode option.
6. Enter your Roku PIN and hit Disable Guest Mode.
How to Sign a Guest Out Remotely
If your guest forgot to sign out of their account, you could use the below steps to sign out your guests remotely.
1. Navigate to the official website of Roku and sign in with your account details.
2. Choose the Profile icon and hit the My Account option.
3. Scroll down and go to the My linked devices option.
4. Choose your Roku device and tap the Sign Guest Out option.
5. Hit Yes, sign guest out now to complete the process.
Can you Customize the Roku Welcome Screen on Roku Guest Mode
If you wish, you can change the message that appears on the welcome screen instead of the default message, which is ” Welcome to Roku Guest Mode.”
1. Head to the official website of Roku and sign in to your account.
2. Go to the My linked devices section under My Account.
3. Choose your Roku device and click the Customize welcome message option.
4. Type the message of your wish up to 40 characters in the provided field.
5. Once entered, click the Publish/Save button.
Frequently Asked Questions
You need to factory reset your Roku device to disable guest mode without the PIN.
Currently, the guest mode is available in countries like Canada, Latin America, the United States, and the United Kingdom. If you are residing in these countries, update Roku to get the guest mode feature.