The Roku channel Store includes popular apps like Netflix, YouTube, YouTube TV, Hulu, Disney Plus, and Paramount Plus in the Channel Store. It is also quite easy to add channels to Roku. But some circumstances can occur where you may need to delete some unused or unwanted channels on Roku. Like all the other streaming devices, you can also remove or delete the channels on Roku very easily.
Things to Know Before Deleting or Removing a Roku Channel
The following are the things you should do before deleting a Roku Channel.
1. First, check if you have an existing subscription to the channel. If the answer is Yes, cancel the subscription on Roku.
2. Let us use the scenario where you have deleted the channel in which you have an active subscription. If it’s the case, there are possibilities where your bank account with the subscription plan.
How to Delete Channels on Roku
There is more than just one single way to remove channels that you have on your Roku device. All of these methods are simple, and you will master them with ease. Following are the different methods to delete channels on Roku.
1. From the Roku Channel Store
2. Using the Roku Channel Grid
3. With Roku Mobile App
From the Roku Channel Store
1. Press the Home button of your remote to go to the home screen.
2. Select the Streaming Channels option from the left pane.
3. Select the Featured option.
4. Locate the channel you wish to remove and press the OK button on your remote.
Note: You can identify the channels you have added with a Tick Mark.
4. From the menu on your screen, choose the Remove Channel option and press the OK button.
Using the Roku Channel Grid
You can remove any app on Roku from the channel menu as follows.
1. Get the Roku home screen by simply pressing the Home button on its remote.
2. Next, Hit the Right Directional button on your remote.
3. Select the channel that you wish to remove from your Roku device.
3. Press the Asterisk (*) button on your remote, and a pop-up window will open.
4. On the pop-up window, choose the Remove Channel option.
5. On the next screen, select the Remove option.
Using the Roku Mobile App
By connecting the Roku app to TV, you can control your Roku device without a remote. Thereby, removing channels on Roku is very easy with the Roku app.
Important Note: Make sure to connect your Android or iOS device to the same wifi network as Roku and follow the steps below:
2. Open the Roku app and sign in to your Roku account.
3. Hit the Devices tab from the bottom right corner of your screen.
4. Next, choose your Roku device and make sure that your app is connected to it.
5. After that, hit the Channels button below your connected Roku device.
6. Once again, select the Channels tab.
7. You can now find all the channels installed on your Roku.
8. Choose the channel you want to remove and select the Remove Channel button.
9. On the confirmation screen, select the Remove button.
10. Finally, the channel you have selected will be removed from your channel’s grid.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can’t remove multiple channels from Roku TV or device at the same time. However, you can remove them one after the other in any of the methods mentioned above.
No, you don’t have the option to delete the channel on Roku using the official website of the Roku Channel Store.