- Connect AirPods to Roku TV: Install Roku Mobile App >> Tap Remote icon >> Devices >> Pair Roku device >> Tap Remote icon >> Headphone icon.
AirPods users know how good the audio quality is when connected. Also, you may think that it would be great if you could connect AirPods to Roku TV. For users who would like to connect AirPods to Roku, it is possible.
Can I Connect AirPods to Roku TV?
Users can’t connect their Bluetooth headphones or AirPods directly to their Roku TV. So there is no direct way to listen to Roku TV using AirPods. The only way to connect AirPods is by using the Roku mobile app.
Roku mobile app comes with a feature called Private Listening. This feature lets you connect Bluetooth headphones or AirPods connected to your smartphone and listen to your TV. The app is available in both the Google Play Store and App Store.
How to Connect AirPods to Roku TV
1. Initially, pair AirPods to your Android or iOS device.
2. Launch the Google Play Store or App Store and install the Roku app.
3. Next, connect your Android or iOS device and Roku to the same wifi network.
4. After that, launch the Roku app and sign in to your account.
5. Tap on the Devices tab and select your Roku device from the scanned devices list.
6. After connecting to the device, tap the Remote icon.
7. Hit the Headphone icon. With that, AirPods will get connected to your Roku TV.
8. Play any movie and TV show from the device and listen to it using the AirPods.
How to Fix If you Can’t Connect AirPods to Roku TV
If you can’t connect AirPods to your Roku TV, try these fixing measures on your device.
1. Ensure that the host device and Roku are connected to the same wifi network.
2. Make sure you have updated Roku to the latest version. If not, update your Roku from Settings > System > Software Update > Check Now.
4. Make sure that your Roku device accepts external devices. Launch Roku Settings > Advanced System Settings > Control by Mobile Apps > Network Access.
You can use the same troubleshooting measures if you can’t connect your AirPods to Roku TV brands like TCL, Hisense, Philips, JVC, Sharp, etc.
There is no possible way to connect AirPods to your Roku TV without the app.