Roku unlocks to you an incredible library of exciting live as well as on-demand content. To stream your favorites, you can add channels on Roku. The Roku device might become a little slow over time if you have installed a lot of apps on your device. This is because of the cache files that your device stores in it when you use these apps. It is not good to have these cache files on your device. For the same reason, you need to clear the cache on your Roku device and eliminate any problem that might arise.
How to Clear Cache on Roku
When you clear the cache on your device, it will improve the performance of the device. You can clear the cache on your device whenever you feel that the device is slowing down. You can clear the cache from your device using four methods as shown below:
- Using the Roku remote
- Clear cache of individual apps
- Restarting Roku
- Roku Factory Reset
Clear Cache Using the Roku Remote
You can simply make use of the Roku remote to clear the cache on your device if you have paired it to your device.
1. Make sure that you are Roku device is properly connected and turned on.
2. By pressing the Home button on your remote to launch the home screen.
3. Select the Home menu option from the screen.
4. Press the Home button 5 times and then press the Up button once.
5. Further, press the Rewind button twice.
6. Also, press the Fast Forward button two times.
7. Roku will take nearly 15 to 30 seconds to clear the cache on the device.
Clear Cache From Individual Apps
Clearing the Cache of individual apps is a helpful troubleshooting measure if the app is not working on your device.
1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote to launch the home screen.
2. Next, choose the app from which you wish to remove the cache.
3. Press the Asterisk * button on your remote.
4. Select the Remove Channel option on the menu that appears.
5. This will remove the respective app from your Roku device.
6. Now, you need to turn off the TV for at least 30 seconds.
7. After the required time has passed, turn on your TV.
8. You can re-install the app on your Roku device back from the home screen.
9. When the app is removed, the app cache will also be removed from your device.
Clear Cache by Restarting the Device
Restarting your Roku also will clear the cache as well. Follow these instructions to remove the cache on your device.
1. Initially, open the Roku Settings menu from its home screen.
2. Select the System option from the Settings menu.
3. Choose the System Restart option and then the Restart option.
4. Next, confirm the selection if required.
5. With that, your Roku will restart on its own.
6. This will remove the cache from your Roku device as well.
Clear Cache With a Factory Reset
You can also clear the cache by factory resetting your Roku. When you reset your Roku device, all the stored apps and settings of your device will be removed as well. Therefore, you need to be careful before doing a factory reset.
1. Start by opening the Settings menu on your Roku device.
2. From the menu, select the System option.
3. Next, select the Advanced System Settings option and then the Factory Reset option.
4. On the menu, select the Factory Reset option.
5. In the respective field, enter the passcode displayed on the screen.
6. Select the OK button.
7. Further, select the Start factory reset option from the popup window.
8. Finally, follow the on-screen prompts to perform the Factory Reset.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you find any streaming issues on Roku, you can clear the cache.
It will delete all the temporary data stored on your device while you access the channels. Doing this will improve your Roku device’s performance and will clear issues on the channels added to your device.