While streaming free channels as well as local channels on Roku, captions will be displayed in between your streaming. Moreover, you also have the option to change the language of your caption to a preferred one. Also, you have the option the change default language of your Roku Settings as well.
Possible Ways to Change the Language on Roku
There are two categories where you can change the language on Roku. They are:
- Roku System Language – The Roku Settings language that appears on-screen on your Roku.
- Roku Caption Language – The captions that will automatically appear while you stream your favorites on Roku.
Roku Supported Languages
There are five languages supported for the Roku Interface. They are:
The following are the languages supported by Roku for Closed Captioning:
Changing the Roku System Language
1. Power on your Roku device and select Settings on the home screen.
2. Click on the System option and select the Language option.
3. Choose the type of Language you want on your Roku screen and select the OK button on your remote.
After this, the changes will be applied to your Roku Settings.
How to Change the Closed Caption (Subtitle) Language on Roku
To change the caption language on your Roku, you need to first enable the Captions on Roku.
1. On the Roku home screen, select the Settings option.
2. Scroll down and select the Accessibility option.
3. Scroll down and choose the Captions Mode.
4. Select the On Always option.
5. Next, hit the Captions Preferred language option.
6. Choose any language of your choice, and it will be applied while you stream your favorite shows.
You can now set the best interface and close captions language for your Roku and get a better user experience.