- Add Hoopla to Roku: Go to Roku Home >> Streaming Channels >> Search Channel >> Search Hoopla >> Add Channel.
- Activate Hoopla: Locate Hoopla >> Note Activation Code >> Go to Activation Website >> Enter Code >> Sign In >> Start Streaming.
Hoopla is a digital media service used to stream movies and television episodes using the public library. You can also access eBooks, audiobooks, comics, and more. New content is updated regularly to let you explore thousands of titles. Further, it provides 500000 on-demand videos in different categories. This app can be installed on your Android and iOS devices. Moreover, you can install the Hoopla app on Roku.
Is Hoopla Available on Roku?
Yes, the Hoopla app is available on the Roku Channel Store. If you have a public library account, You can add the channel and stream it on your device.
How to Sign Up for Hoopla
1. Locate a web browser on your PC or Smartphone.
2. Head to Hoopla’s official website.
3. Tap the Get Started button on the home page.
4. Type your login credentials in the provided field to sign in.
5. Choose San Francisco Public Library from the list.
6. Tap the Next button and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
How to Install Hoopla on Roku
1. Initially, set up your Roku device and ensure it is connected to the internet.
2. Press the Home button on your Roku remote to launch the Roku home screen.
3. Select the Streaming Channels option on the main screen.
4. Tap Search Channel and type Hoopla in the search bar.
5. Pick the app from the search results and click the Add Channel button.
6. Click Ok in the prompt that appears after installation.
7. Select Go to Channel to launch the channel on your Roku device.
How to Activate Hoopla on Roku
1. Open the Hoopla channel on your device.
2. Note the activation code that you can find on the screen.
3. Open any web browser on your PC or Smartphone.
4. Navigate to the activation website of Hoopla.
5. Login with your account details for Hoopla.
6. Enter the activation code in the provided field and tap the Activate button.
7. Restart the channel and stream your favorite content on Roku.
Alternative Method to Get Hoopla on Roku
Screen Share Hoopla to Roku from Android Devices
1. Connect your Android and Roku devices to the same WiFi network.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and enter Hoopla in the search bar.
3. Select the app from the search results and click the Install button.
4. After installation, launch the app on your device.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and click the Cast icon.
6. Pick your Roku device from the list of devices.
7. Sign in with your account details for Hoopla.
8. Choose your favorite content and watch it on Roku.
Screen Share Hoopla to Roku from iOS Devices
1. Navigate to the App Store on your iOS device.
2. Search and install the Hoopla app.
3. Head to Control Center and tap the Screen Mirroring icon.
4. Pick your Roku device and enter the AirPlay code that you can find on the Roku TV screen.
5. Launch the app and sign in with your account details.
6. Choose the content of your wish and watch it on Roku.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. The Hoopla app is free to add and stream on Roku. You must have a Public Library account to stream the content in the app.