Golf Channel is a popular American Sports TV channel from NBCUniversal. As the name suggests, it is dedicated to Golf and streams popular tournaments from the sport. Also, it has popular factual as well as instructional programs relating to Golf. For instance, you can watch PGA Tour, LPGA Tour, PGA European Tour, and similar championships on the platform. This channel was initially launched in 1995 and has been entertaining sports fans with quality content. Let’s find out how to watch content relating to golf with Golf Channel on Roku.
Golf Channel on Roku
To access the Golf Channel, you need to have the NBC Sports app on Roku. To access content from Golf Channel, you can simply sign in to it with a satellite or cable subscription. There are a few popular different live TV providers that include Golf Channel in them.
How to Watch the Golf Channel on Roku
There are two ways to watch the Golf Channel on Roku. They are:
- Using the NBC Sports App
- Using Streaming services [without a cable]
Watch the Golf Channel on Roku using the NBC Sports App
1. From the home screen of your Roku device, select the Streaming Channels option.
2. Next, find the Search Channel option in the left sidebar and select it.
3. Making use of the virtual keyboard, search for the NBC Sports app.
4. Find NBC Sports from the search suggestions and select it.
5. Start downloading the app to your device by selecting the Add Channel option.
6. Wait for the app download to complete and then click on OK.
7. You can open the app by selecting the Go to Channel option.
Activate NBC Sports to Watch Golf Channel on Roku
You can sign in to your Golf Channel subscription on NBC Sports as follows.
1. Start by opening the Golf Channel on your Roku device.
2. Click on the Sign In option to get the Activation Code on your screen.
3. Note down this Activation Code so that you can access it later.
4. On your computer or smartphone, visit https://www.nbcsports.com/activate.
5. In the Select Your Device field, select the dropdown icon and then choose Roku from the list.
6. Also, type in the Activation Code from the app in the respective field.
7. Click on the Continue option and then select your TV provider from the list.
8. Also, complete the process by entering your TV provider account credentials.
How to Use the NBC Sports App to watch the Golf Channel on Roku
After signing in to the NBC Sports app, you can watch Golf Channel as follows.
1. Press the Home button of your remote to launch the home screen.
2. Next, press the Right Arrow button on your remote.
3. Scroll down and select NBC Sports. Then, press the OK button on the remote to launch the app.
4. On the app home screen, select the browse option.
5. In the By Network field, find the Golf Channel icon and select it.
6. Finally, you can watch Golf Channel with the app on Roku.
How to Watch Golf Channel on Roku without a Cable
Golf Channel is available for streaming on most of the popular live TV streaming services. The following are a list of streaming service that supports Roku that carries the Golf Channel.
Sling TV on Roku is an affordable live TV channel streaming service with two basic plans starting at $35 per month. To access Golf Channel on Sling TV, you need to get the Sling Blue + Sports Extra Package, which will cost you a total of $46 per month. In addition, you can watch channels like TBS, TLC, TNT, Travel Channel, USA Network, Discovery, Disney Channel, and Comedy Central.
Hulu on Roku is a popular subscription-based streaming service in the US. It gives you access to amazing channels, including the Golf Channel. To get the Golf channel, you need to subscribe to Hulu + Live TV subscription at $69.99 per month. In addition, you can watch channels like ESPN, FX, FXX, HGTV, Investigation Discovery, Lifetime, Travel Channel, Disney Channel, and Comedy Central. Also, you can record shows from Golf Channel with the cloud DVR that you get with a subscription.
YouTube TV is Google’s own live TV streaming service which has an amazing collection of TV channels. You can also watch Golf Channel in this app with a $64.99 per month subscription. It comes with unlimited cloud DVR storage on which you can record golf events and shows. Moreover, it gives you access to channels like Fox News, Travel Channel, USA Network, VH1, AMC, HGTV, Investigation Discovery, Hallmark Channel, Paramount Network, and Disney Channel.
DirectTV stream is a live TV streaming subscription-based service. You can watch Golf Channel with the Choice Package on this platform which will cost you $89.99 per month. You can watch up to 65 channels on the subscription. This includes CNN, Fox News, History, HGTV, Discovery, Lifetime, MSNBC, MTV, and Paramount Network. Also, it comes with unlimited DVR on which you can record your favorite golf shows and events.
fubo TV is another live TV streaming service on which you can watch Golf Channel. For this, you need a subscription of $69.99 per month, which comes with a 7-day free trial. Apart from Golf Channel, you can watch a total of 90 channels with this subscription. This includes channels like Investigation Discovery, Paramount Network, TLC, Travel Channel, USA Network, and Fox News. Also, you get 1000 hours of cloud DVR to record your favorite Golf shows and events.
Golf Channel Not Working On Roku
If you have any issues with streaming Golf Channel, you can try the following fixes.
Can’t Access Golf Channel
- If you are using the NBC Sports app, make sure that you have signed in to it using cable TV or satellite provided that supports Golf Channel.
- In case you are accessing Golf Channel on a live TV service provider, make sure that your subscription supports the Golf Channel.
App Is Not Loading
- If the NBC Sports app is not loading on your device, it might be because of a poor internet connection. Therefore, restart your Wi-Fi router.
- It is also advised to connect to the internet using an Ethernet cable.
- Check if the NBC Sports server is down for maintenance. If that is the case, you will have to wait till it is sorted out.
- Try uninstalling the NBC Sports app on your device and then re-installing it.
- Also, try restarting your Roku device by unplugging it from the power source for 5 to 10 minutes.
Video In Zoomed In Or Out
If you feel like the video is zoomed in or out, you might have to check your HDMI cable. Unplug the cable and then plug it in back properly.
No, but you can watch the PGA Tour live with the Amazon Prime Video subscription.
No, Peacock TV doesn’t offer the Golf Channel. However, you can watch some of the popular golf events for free.