Facebook is one of the most popular social media platforms. It is the type of platform that lets you connect with your friends from anywhere in the world. Moreover, Facebook is available worldwide and has more than 2.9 billion users worldwide. It is also available in over 117 languages like English, Japanese, French, German, Korean, and more. Roku has tons of popular apps like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and more. Sadly, Roku does not include Facebook. However, let’s discuss all the possible ways to access Facebook on Roku.
Features of Facebook
- On Facebook, you can share your photos, videos, and more with your friends and family members.
- You can set status updates, check in on a location, comment on your friend’s photos, and more.
- You can also play online games with your Facebook friends.
- Get the latest updates about your favorite companies, Actors, Artists, Pages, and more by following them.
- Find what’s happening in your neighborhood and make plans to get together with your friends.
How to Sign Up to Facebook
1. From a web browser, visit the official website of Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/.
2. Click on Create New Account.
3. On the Sign Up window that appears, enter your Name, Email address, Password, DOB, and more.
4. Select Sign Up. Now, you have created your own Facebook account.
Facebook on Roku
Facebook is not available on Roku, but you can use the screen mirroring feature to watch it on Roku. Below are the methods you can use to screen mirror it on Roku, and they are
- From Android Devices
- From Windows PC
- From iOS Devices
- From Mac PC
Before screen mirroring, make sure that screen mirroring on Roku is enabled. If not, enable the screen mirroring option from Settings > System > Screen Mirroring > Screen Mirroring Mode > Prompt or Alway Allow.
Screen Mirror Facebook on Roku From Android Devices
Connect your Android device and Roku to the same wifi network and follow the steps below:
1. On your Android device, go to the Google Play Store.
2. Search for Facebook and choose the app from the results.
3. Click on the Install button to install the app from the Google Play Store.
4. Launch the Facebook app and sign in using your Facebook account.
5. Now, go to the Notification Panel and select Cast.
6. Choose your Roku device from the list of available devices and select OK.
7. On your Roku, select Allow when prompted on the screen.
8. The contents on your Android screen will be cast to Roku.
9. You can now watch Facebook on Roku.
Screen Mirroring From Windows PC
1. Turn on your PC and open a web browser.
2. Visit the official website of Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/.
3. Log in to Facebook with your account.
4. Press Windows + k on your keyboard, and a new window called Connect will appear on the screen.
5. Choose the Roku device from the list of available devices.
6. Select Allow on Roku if prompted.
7. Go back to the Facebook web page and mirror your favorites to Roku.
Screen Mirroring Facebook to Roku From iOS Devices
Make sure to enable AirPlay on Roku. Next, connect your iOS device and Roku to the same wifi network and follow the steps below:
1. Open the App Store on your iOS device and install the Facebook app.
2. After installation, launch the Facebook app.
3. Sign in using your account credentials.
4. Go to the Control Center and tap on the Screen Mirroring icon.
5. Choose your Roku device and select Allow on your Roku if prompted.
6. Return to the Facebook app and mirror its content on Roku.
Screen Mirroring Facebook to Roku From Mac PC
1. Turn on your Mac device and launch the Safari browser.
2. Click on the URL box and visit https://www.facebook.com/.
3. Login using your account details.
4. Select the Control Center icon on your Mac device.
5. Click on the Screen Mirroring icon and select your Roku device from the available devices.
6. Select Allow on your Roku device, and the contents on your device’s screen will be cast to Roku.
7. After that, you can play Facebook live and mirror it to your TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Streaming devices like Firestick, Apple TV, and Xbox One support Facebook.
Yes, you can use the Search option to search for your friends to send a friend request.