If you are looking for the best sports streaming platform, go for ESPN. It is one of the most popular and biggest sports streaming platforms, which brings to you a wide variety of sporting events. Apart from streaming sports, it gives you the latest sports, news, and a lot of other sports-related content. It streams events from Football, Baseball, Basketball, Tennis, Golf, Cricket, and more sports. For instance, you can watch NBA, NFL, F1 races, MLB, and PGA on the service. You can also access the ESPN official app on a variety of different devices, including Roku.
ESPN on Roku
The Roku Channel Store hosts the official ESPN channel. You can download the app and then sign in to it using the credentials of your TV provider subscription. Alternatively, you can use your ESPN+ subscription to sign in to it. The ESPN+ subscription will cost you $6.99 per month. You can also get an annual subscription of $70 on ESPN+.
How to Sign Up With ESPN+
1. Open a web browser on a computer or smartphone and visit the official website of ESPN+.
2. Find the Sign Up Now button and click on it.
3. On the next screen, log in to your ESPN account or sign up to create one.
4. Also, complete your payment by providing proper details.
5. Review your subscription and confirm it.
How to Install ESPN on Roku
1. Go to the home screen of Roku.
2. Find the Streaming Channels option on the left sidebar and select it.
3. Next, select the Search Channels option.
4. With the help of the search bar, find the ESPN app.
5. Select the app icon and click on Add Channel to install it.
6. Wait for the app installation to complete.
7. Once the installation is complete, select the OK button from the prompt.
8. Next, click on Go to Channel option to launch the ESPN app.
Alternative Method to Add ESPN On Roku
1. Turn on your computer and connect to the internet.
2. Open a web browser on the computer and go to the Roku Channel Store.
3. From the right side of the screen, select Sign in.
4. Now, you need to sign in to the same Roku account as on your Roku device.
5. Click on the search bar and type in ESPN.
6. When you get search results, select the ESPN app.
7. Click on Add Channel to install the ESPN app to Roku.
8. Finally, you can find the ESPN app on your home screen in 24 hours. If the 24 hours of processing time is too long for you, you can update Roku to add the channel immediately.
Note: To update Roku, go to Roku Settings > System > System Update > Check Now.
How to Activate ESPN on Roku
There are two ways to sign in to the ESPN app. In the first method, you can use your TV provider subscription to sign in. Alternatively, you can sign in to your ESPN+ subscription if you have one.
Using TV Provider Subscription
1. From the home screen of your device, open the ESPN app.
2. Click on the Settings icon on the top of your screen.
3. From the list of providers, choose your TV provider.
4. Next, select the Watch Live TV option and then the Activate Live TV option.
5. Soon, you will get the Activation Code on your screen that you need to note down.
6. On your computer, open a web browser and visit espn.com/activate.
7. In the activation code box, enter the code and click on Continue.
8. Select your TV Provider and complete the sign-in process with your subscription details.
9. With that, you get the channel activated on Roku.
Using ESPN+ Subscription
1. Open the ESPN App from the device’s home screen.
2. Click on the Settings icon from the top right corner of your screen.
3. Next, select ESPN Account and copy down the Activation Code that appears on your TV screen.
4. With a web browser on your PC, visit http://espn.com/activate.
5. Enter the Activation Code and click on Continue.
6. Also, log in to your ESPN+ Subscription account.
7. Finally, the ESPN app will be activated on Roku.
7. Go back to the ESPN app and stream your favorite sports content.
How to Watch ESPN on Roku Without Cable
You can watch the ESPN channel on the following live TV subscriptions.
Hulu+Live TV subscription will cost you $69.99 for a month. With the subscription, you get more than 67 channels, including ESPN. If you wish to remove ads from the service, you can get a subscription of $75.99 per month. On the service, you can get most of the ESPN channels, including ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNews, ACCN, SEC Network, and ESPN College Extra. In addition, you can get Hulu on Roku easily.
YouTube TV on Roku is an interesting live TV streaming platform with your favorite sports and entertainment channels. You can get YouTube TV on its $64.99 per month subscription. So, you can watch channels like ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNews, ACCN, and SEC Network. In addition, you get unlimited DVR facilities to record sports events from the service.
DirecTV Stream is one of the best choices for streaming your favorite sports and live TV channels. In the same way, you can watch ESPN on the service. For this, get the DirecTV Stream Entertainment Package of $69.99 per month. It gives you channels like ESPN and ESPN2. Alternatively, you can get an $89.99 per month Choice Package subscription that gives you ACCN, ESPNews, ESPNU, and SEC Network, along with the other channels.
fuboTV is the most popular live TV streaming service among sports fans. It is another important live TV service with ESPN. If you get the Pro subscription package on this service of $69.99 per month, you can watch ESPN along with ESPN2 and ACCN. In addition, you can get ESPNU, ESPNews, and SEC Network with the fubo Extra subscription of $7.99 per month.
Sling TV on Roku is the most affordable way to watch ESPN on your device. This is because Sling TV’s Orange base plan of $35 per month includes ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN3. If you want more channels, you need to get the Sports Extra add-on. That will cost you an additional $11 each month. However, you can access ESPNU, ESPNews, ACCN, ACCN Extra, SEC Network, and SEC Network+.
Another choice to access ESPN is Vidgo. With Vidgo’s $59.95 per month subscription package, you can watch the ESPN channels. This includes ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNews, ACCN, and SEC Network.
Is ESPN Not Working On Roku: Here are the Fixes
If the ESPN app is frequent with issues on your device, you must try these fixes.
Issue: Can’t Play Any Content
- If the ESPN server is down for maintenance, you might not be able to access content from it. Check for a server outage with Downdetector.
- Check off your Wi-Fi network is slow. If so, restart your Wi-Fi router.
Issue: App Is Buffering
- If the app is buffering, it might be because of a poor internet connection. Therefore, you are advised to restart the router.
- Try connecting your device to a different Wi-Fi router or use an Ethernet cable.
- Try closing the app on Roku and then opening it once again.
- Clear the cache of the ESPN app on your device from the device settings.
Frequently Asked Question
No, the ESPN channel doesn’t come up with the Prime Video channel’s lineup.
ESPN stands for Entertainment and Sports Programming Network.