Discovery Plus is the one-stop destination to stream your favorite movies, TV shows, documentaries, etc. While Discovery Plus on Roku may function properly most often, you might face the app not working on Roku for various reasons. Fortunately, it is a solvable problem that can be fixed easily by the user themself. However, the cause for the Discovery Plus app not working on Roku varies, and one should identify it and proceed with the fixing technique.
Possible Causes of Discovery Plus Not Working on Roku
The major reason for Discovery Plus not working or failing to load the content on your Roku device is for the following reasons.
- Server down
- Uncleared cache data
- Poor internet connection
How to Fix Discovery Plus not Working on Roku
When Discovery+ fails to work, follow the troubleshooting methods mentioned below to fix the Discovery Plus not working on Roku.
- Discovery Plus not loading on Roku
- Discovery Plus not opening on Roku
- Uncleared cache data on Roku
- Discovery Plus not functioning Roku
Discovery Plus Not Loading on Roku
If the Discovery Plus app is not loading the content or if the app closes automatically, then you are facing network or server issues.
- Server down
- Poor internet connection
- Overload of traffic
Follow the steps mentioned below to fix the problem of Discovery Plus not working on Roku.
1. Check the Discovery Plus Server Status
Discovery Plus is one of the most used streaming services in the world, with more than 20+ million active users. If the app closes automatically when you launch it or is not loading the contents properly, it is because of heavy traffic or overload. As a result, the server crashes automatically.
Server down is one of the major problems, and it cannot be fixed by the users themself. But you can check the server status using Downdetector. You can get updates on server-fixing issues from the official account on social media like Twitter and Facebook.
2. Check the Internet Connection
If you are experiencing issues like buffering, freezing, or a black screen while streaming the content, then the problem is with your internet connection. The problem can be fixed easily by the user themself by restarting or power cycling the WiFi router.
(1) Remove the power cable of the WiFi router from the power socket.
(2) Wait for 5-10 minutes.
(3) Now, plug in the power cable of the WiFi router and turn on the switch.
(4) Ensure to turn on your WiFi router also.
(5) Turn on your Roku device and connect Roku to a WiFi connection.
(6) Launch the Discovery Plus app and play any content.
(7) The problem might have been fixed now.
3. Avoid Simultaneous Streams
You can stream up to 4 devices simultaneously in one Discovery Plus account. If you reach the limit, you get a warning message “Too many streams.” To avoid these issues, always ensure to stream the maximum limit. Discovery+ not working on Roku can be better fixed when the simultaneous streaming limit isn’t exceeded.
Discovery Plus Not Opening on Roku
If you can’t open the Discovery Plus app on your Roku device, the problem is with the app. It can be fixed easily by yourself with the methods mentioned below.
- Corrupted cache
- Poor internet connection
- Expired subscription
You can fix this problem by clearing the cache data on Roku and by uninstalling the app on Roku.
1. Remove Your Discovery Plus Account from Roku
You can sign out of your account from the Discovery Plus app on Roku. Removing and adding your account to the device will help to fix the problem of Discovery Plus not working on Roku.
(1) Launch the Discovery Plus app on Roku.
(2) Click the Profile icon and select the Settings option.
(3) Select the Logout button to remove your account from the Discovery Plus app on Roku.
(4) Now, close the app and relaunch it again.
(5) Click the sign-in button and sign in to your account.
(6) Finally, play any video on the Discovery Plus app and check if the problem might have been solved.
2. Uninstall and Reinstall the Discovery Plus App on Roku
(1) Press the home button on the Roku remote to navigate to the home screen of Roku.
(2) Navigate to the Apps section and select the Discovery Plus app from the list of apps.
(3) Now, press the Asterisk button (*) button on your Roku remote.
(4) Select the option Remove Channel from the popup menu to uninstall the Discovery Plus app on Roku.
(5) Now, download the Discovery Plus app on Roku from the Roku Channel Store.
(6) Click the Login button and log in with your account credentials.
(7) Now, you can stream the content without any buffering, freezing, or malfunctioning.
Uncleared Cache Data on Roku
The cache data will be created according to the usage of the application, and it cannot be cleared completely from the device. If your LG TV stores the corrupted cache data, it might be one of the reasons for the app not working on Roku.
- Over usage of the app
You can clear the cache on Roku by pressing the combination of buttons in the Roku remote with a number pattern.
1. Clear the Cache Data on the Roku Device
(1) Turn on your Roku TV or Roku-connected TV.
(2) Fetch up the Roku remote and press the Home buttons (⌂) five times.
(3) Now, press the up arrow (⬆️) once on your Roku remote.
(4) Finally, press the rewind (⏪) and forward buttons (⏩) twice to clear the cache on Roku.
Discovery Plus Not Functioning on Roku
If the Discovery Plus app fails to work on your Roku device, you can follow the methods mentioned below to fix the error.
- Outdated version of the software
- Outdated version of the Discovery Plus app
- Temporary bugs or glitches
Always update the app or Roku software to explore new things. The update helps you to fix the bugs and glitches from the last update.
1. Update Roku Device
You can update the Roku device at any time to fix any temporary issues from the app or from the Roku device.
(1) Press the home button on your Roku remote.
(2) Choose Settings and select the System option.
(3) Click the System Update option on the next page.
(4) Tap on Check Now to check for new updates.
(5) If your Roku device founds an update, click the Update Now button to update the Roku device.
(6) Launch the Discovery Plus app after updating the Roku device.
(7) The problem might have been solved now.
2. Update the Discovery Plus App on Roku
(1) Navigate to the Apps section on Roku.
(2) Select and highlight the Discovery Plus app on Roku.
(3) Press the * button on your Roku remote.
(4) Click the option Check for Update from the popup menu.
(5) If the app is available for the update, it will be updated automatically.
(6) Once the app has been updated, launch and check the problem has been solved.
If the methods mentioned above have failed to fix your problem, you can contact the help desk of Discovery Plus from the official website. Here you can submit your queries by entering your email address and country. The customer support team of Discovery Plus will contact you soon by providing a solution via mail.