DirecTV Stream is a popular streaming service available only in the United States. It offers you more than 150+ TV channels, hit movies, original series, and more. You can stream local channels, regional sports channels, premium channels, and more. Since the DirecTV Stream is compatible with Roku, you can stream your favorite movies and TV Shows anytime you want.
Features of DirecTV Stream
- DirecTV Stream offers you unlimited hours of cloud DVR storage.
- You can simultaneously record multiple channels and stream them whenever you want within a period of 9 months.
- You can get access to the recorded content anytime, anywhere.
- You can stream all your content in HD quality.
DirecTV Stream on Roku
DirecTV Stream is available on Roku and is compatible with most Roku devices. You can stream channels like A&E, bravo, Bounce, CNBC, CNN, Comedy Central, AHC, Animal Planet, and more. You can also add premium channels like HBO, SHOWTIME, Epix, and more as add-ons.
DirecTV Stream Subscription Plans & Pricing
DirecTV Stream gives you 4 different packages to choose from, and they are:
|Plan||Number of Channels||Regional Sports Network With No Additional Fees||Offers on Premium Channels||Price|
How to Sign Up to DirecTV Stream
1. Open a web browser on your smartphone or PC.
2. Visit the official website of DirecTV Stream.
3. Scroll down to the Subscription section. Choose the plan you want and click on Start Free Trial.
4. Select Start Free Trial.
5. On the Account Setup page, enter all the required details in Create User ID and click on Continue to Payment.
Note: If you already have a DirecTV account, go to Use Existing User ID and enter your details.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions and finish the subscription process.
7. You now have your own DirecTV Stream account.
How to Install DirecTV Stream on Roku
1. Turn on and connect Roku to wifi.
2. Select Streaming Channels on the home screen.
3. Select Search Channels and search for DirecTV Stream using the on-screen keyboard.
4. From the suggestion list, select DirecTV Stream.
5. Next, select the Add Channel button to start the adding process.
6. Once the DirecTV Stream is added, select the OK button from the prompt.
7. After that, choose the Go to Channel button to launch DirecTV Stream.
Alternative Method to Install DirecTV Stream on Roku
1. Turn on your PC and open the browser.
2. Go to the official website of the Roku Channel Store.
3. Click on Sign in on the top right corner of the screen.
4. Type your Roku account details and click on Submit.
5. Once you signed in to your account, click on the search box and search for DirecTV Stream.
6. From the search results, click on DirecTV Stream and select Add Channel.
7. It will take a maximum of 24 hours for the channel to be available on Roku.
Note: You can also update your Roku device to make the channel available right now.
How to Watch DirecTV Stream on Roku
1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote to go to the Roku home screen.
2. Next, hit the Right Arrow button on the remote and navigate to DirecTV Stream.
3. Tap the OK button on your remote to launch DirecTV Stream.
4. Enter your DirecTV Stream account details to sign in to your account.
5. On the DirecTV Stream homepage, select any movies and TV shows under Watch Now.
6. Select Play to stream your movie or TV show.
7. Click on the Search icon and search for your favorite movies and TV shows.
8. Under My Library, you can a list of your favorite videos.
9. Under Discover, you can see the latest movies and TV shows available. You can also select the genre of you the show you want to watch.
How to Sign Out of DirecTV Stream
1. Launch the DirecTV Stream app.
2. On your DirecTV Stream, go to the Settings.
3. Select Accounts under Settings.
4. Click on Sign Out to sign out of DirecTV Stream.
How to Fix DirecTV Stream Not Working on Roku
1. Try updating your DirecTV Stream app because if the app is outdated, it can cause a lot of issues. Once the app is updated, check if the app is working properly or not.
2. Sometimes, there can be problems with the app that causes your DirecTV Stream to not work properly. Uninstall the app from your Roku and reinstall the app. Now, check if the problem is solved.
3. DirecTV Stream requires a minimum speed of 8 Mbps, and if your internet speed is way below the requirement, it can cause the app to not work properly. Restart your router and check if the problem is solved.
4. If there are issues with the servers or the servers are down, then you won’t be able to stream any content on DirecTV Stream until the servers are fixed. Wait until the servers are fixed and check whether the problem is solved.
5. Issues with your DirecTV Stream account might also lead to the app not working properly problem. Sign out and sign in to your DirecTV Stream and check if the problem is solved.
6. Maybe there might be some issues with your Roku, and that’s why the DirecTV Stream is not opening. So, to fix the issue, you need to restart your Roku device.
7. Check if all the other channels are working fine. If all the other channels are not working, you need to factory reset Roku to fix the issue. In case you only find the DirecTV Stream app to be not working, you need to contact the Customer Support of DirecTV Stream.
Frequently Asked Questions
The DirecTV Stream is only available in the United States. So, if you are residing outside the US, you can’t get the DirecTV Stream app.
Navigate to the DirecTV Stream app from your channel’s list and press the * button on your Roku remote. Then, select Manage Subscription and click on Cancel Subscription to cancel your DirecTV Stream account.