The live TV streaming app DirecTV Stream is compatible with a range of devices and is based on subscription plans. The service provides the largest selection of TV channels, including channels for sports, entertainment, news, and lifestyle. Users should try the basic troubleshooting steps below if DirecTV Stream on Roku is not really working.
DirecTV Stream Not Working on Roku: Causes
Without a doubt, DirecTV Stream is the best pay-TV provider when it comes to streaming quality and channel lineup. If the app fails to operate when users stream their preferred TV channels, it is unfortunate. The following might be the reason for the service’s errors.
DirecTV Stream App Stops Working
Users of DirecTV Stream have reported that the app stops suddenly while they are streaming content from the app. The app might show a blank screen, buffer, or crash down.
- DirecTV Stream server issues
- Poor Internet Connection
If the DirecTV Stream app stops working on your device unexpectedly, make sure to try these fixes on the device.
Check For Server Issues
The server issue is the most significant cause of the app error. Users must determine whether the DirecTV Stream server is down due to maintenance or another reason. In that situation, the developers must resolve the DirecTV Stream server problems. Visit services like Downdetector to check for DirecTV Stream server difficulties.
DirecTV Stream App is Not Loading
Another important issue the subscribers of DirecTV Stream face is when the app stops loading. This means that they might not be able to stream any content from the app as they desire.
- Weak internet connection
- Pending software update on Roku
If the DirecTv Stream app is buffering and not loading any content, make sure that you fix it with these measures.
1. Restart the Wi-Fi Router
Apps in the Roku device may be streaming slowly if the internet is slow. On Roku, the DirecTV Stream app can buffer continually. Users should restart the Wi-Fi router to resolve the problem.
- Roku should be unplugged from the socket and left alone for at least 10 minutes.
- Reconnect the device to the outlet for power.
- Connect the Roku device to the Wi-Fi router after switching it on.
- On the device, open the DirecTV Stream app and start streaming your favorite shows.
2. Check Your Subscription
DirecTV Stream is a pay-TV subscription that is compatible with several devices. Verify that your DirecTV Stream subscription is active if you have one. After accessing the service’s official website, users can subscribe to it. You should also look at how many devices are using the same subscription.
3. Update Roku Software
The streaming of Roku might be affected if there is any pending Roku software. Users must therefore keep their devices up to date. They can perform the following device updates.
1. Open the home screen by pressing the Home button on the Roku remote.
2. Access the Roku Settings menu from the home screen.
3. From the menu, choose the System option.
4. Select the System Update option.
5. On the following screen, click Check Now option.
6. Choose Download and install.
7. Open the DirecTV Stream app and try playing any content from the app.
DirecTV Stream App Video Stops
Some users of Roku have complained that the video in the app stops streaming suddenly. This is an issue that occurs frequently and can be fixed easily.
- Server issues
- Corrupted data in the app
If the video from DirecTV Stream suddenly stops working, users can fix it with these measures.
1. Close DirecTV Stream App on Roku
Users need to close the DirecTV app on Roku if it starts buffering or stops loading. This will stop any minor issues with the app. Further, users should open the DirecTV Stream app. Also, check if the DirecTV app is still having server issues.
2. Uninstall DirecTV Stream and Re-install It
If the DirecTV Stream app on a Roku device is not responding, users must uninstall it. They can reinstall the app on the device after removing it.
1. By pressing the Home button on the remote, access the Roku home screen.
2. On the Roku home screen, highlight the DirecTV Stream app.
3. Grab the Roku remote and press the Asterisk (*) button.
4. Select the Remove Channel option from the menu.
5. The app will be deleted from the Roku device as a result.
6. Install the DirecTV Stream app after visiting the Channel Store.
DirecTV Login Not Working on Roku TV
DirecTV Stream is a subscription-based streaming service. To access content from the app, users must sign in to their subscriptions. Some users might find it hard to log in to the app at times.
- Providing the wrong subscription details
If users find it hard to sign in to their DirecTV subscription on Roku, they need to check if they have been providing the right subscription details. If users provide the wrong account details, they can’t sign in to the app and stream any content.
DirecTV Stream Goes Back to Roku Home Screen
It is not a common issue, but Roku users have reportedly experienced the issue when the app returns to the home screen unexpectedly. Even though it is not a common issue, users can fix it easily.
- The app is not properly installed
- Issues with Roku device
To fix the issue when the DirecTV Stream app returns to the Roku home screen, try these solutions.
1. Restart Roku
You need to restart the Roku device if the DirecTV Stream app is still not responding. Users can resolve bugs with the device and problems with the DirecTV Stream app by rebooting the device.
1. Launch the Roku home screen by turning on the Roku device.
2. Open the Settings menu from the home screen.
3. From the menu, click the System option.
4. Select the System Restart option and the Restart option.
5. After the Roku restart is complete, open the DirecTV Stream app.
6. Play any content from the app and enjoy streaming them.
2. Clear Cache on Roku
Clearing the cache on a Roku device is one of the most useful troubleshooting methods to fix issues with the device and apps.
1. Grab the Roku remote and five times press the Home button.
2. Single-press the Up button.
3. After that, select the Rewind button two times.
4. To finish, press the Fast Forward button two times.
3. Reset Roku
Resetting Roku is a very useful troubleshooting measure to fix issues on the device. Users run the risk of losing all the apps and settings on the Roku device if they reset it. The procedure will also clean the device of all bugs that could be bringing it problems. Follow these steps to reset Roku to factory settings.
1. To access the home screen, press the Home button on your Roku remote.
2. Click System from the Settings menu.
4. Choose the Advanced System Settings option.
5. Next, click the Factory Reset option.
6. Enter the PIN using the on-screen keyboard, then click OK.
7. At last, the Roku reset procedure begins.
8. Set up the Roku device and install the DirecTV Stream app from the Channel Store.
9. Sign in to your account and start streaming your favorite content.
If the app is still not functioning, users must contact DirecTV Stream Customer Support for assistance. For additional assistance, users can also get in touch with Roku Support. They can help you repair any problems on the device with their assistance.
To fix the DirecTV Stream not working issue, you can attempt these troubleshooting techniques. You can offer any potential remedies in the comments section below. Also, comment down if none of these measures work to solve the issue. The issue’s resolution will be provided by our staff in its response.