- Add the CTV app: Select Streaming Channels >> Search Channels >> Search CTV >> Select CTV >> Add Channel.
- Activate CTV: Locate CTV >> Note Activation Code >> go to Activation webpage >> Type Activation Code >> Sign in with Cable TV Provider.
CTV is the most used Canadian cable TV network that streams thousands of hours of classic Television, uncut Hollywood hit movies, comedy, lifestyle, entertainment series, and more. Also, you can stream the CTV app anytime you want. Some of the popular shows available on the CTV app are Grey’s Anatomy, The Masked Singer, The Good Doctor, and more. In addition, Roku users can also get the CTV app and stream their favorite shows.
Note: CTV app is only accessible inside the Canadian region. To access the CTV app from anywhere in the world, connect to a VPN.
Can you Get CTV on Roku
Yes, the CTV app is available on the Channel Store. That means you can easily add the CTV channel for free. Also, you can sign in with the participating cable TV providers that offer the CTV app to access your favorite shows.
How to Get CTV to Roku
There are two ways to get the CTV app. They are:
- Adding the CTV app Directly
- Screen Share CTV app to Roku
Adding the CTV App Directly to Roku
Since the CTV app is available on the Roku Channel Store, you can directly add the app to your Roku.
1. Navigate to the Roku home screen by pressing the Home button on your remote.
2. Select the Streaming Channels option on the Roku home screen.
3. Choose Search Channels on the next screen.
4. Enter CTV in the search bar using the virtual keyboard.
5. Pich the app from the search results
6. Next, hit the Add Channel button.
7. Now, the adding process for the CTV app will start. After the adding process completes, select the OK button from the prompt.
8. After that, select the Go to Channel option to launch the CTV channel.
How to Activate CTV on Roku
1. Launch the CTV app on your Roku.
2. Select the Sign In button and note down the activation code that appears on the screen.
3. Open a web browser on your PC or Smartphone and go to the CTV activation website.
4. Type the activation code and click the Submit button.
5. Next, sign in with your cable TV provider.
6. After you sign in with your cable TV provider account, the CTV app will be activated.
7. After that, go back to the CTV app and stream your favorite movies and TV shows.
Screen Share the CTV App on Roku
The CTV app is available for Android or iOS devices that can be installed directly from the Google Play Store or App Store. So, if in case you have installed the app on these devices, you can easily mirror the CTV app to your TV. So, the following are the pre-requirements for that:
1. Enable the Screen Mirroring feature from the Roku Settings.
2. Turn on the AirPlay on Roku from the Apple AirPlay & HomeKit Settings.
Screen Share the CTV App to Roku from Android Devices
1. Connect your Android device and Roku to the same wifi network.
2. Navigate to the Google Play Store and install the CTV app.
3. Go to the Notification Panel and click the Cast icon.
4. Select your Roku device from the list of available devices.
5. Now, your Android device’s screen will be mirrored to Roku.
6. After that, launch the CTV app and sign in to your account.
7. Play your favorite movies and TV shows and mirror them to Roku.
Screen Share CTV App to Roku from iOS Devices
1. Ensure both devices are connected to the same wifi network.
2. Install the CTV app from the App Store on your iOS device.
3. Head to Control Center and click the Screen Mirroring icon.
4. Choose your Roku device from the available list.
5. Enter the AirPlay Passcode in your iOS device that is displayed on the Roku TV screen.
6. Next, launch the CTV app
7. Sign in with your cable TV provider account.
8. Now, you can mirror your favorite shows from CTV on your TV.
Screen Share CTV App to Roku from PC
1. Launch the web browser on your PC.
2. Navigate to CTV’s official website.
3. Click the Sign In option to sign in with your CTV account details.
4. Now, press the Windows + K keys on the keyboard.
5. Choose your Roku device from the list.
6. Select the content of your wish from the CTV web page and stream it on your TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
If CTV is not working on Roku, make sure you have a stable internet connection, update CTV, uninstall CTV and reinstall it, update Roku, and Restart Roku.
Yes, CTV is available for free on Roku. Though you can access it for free, you need to sign with a TV subscription to explore all the features of CTV.