Crunchyroll is an American video streaming service with the best collection of anime. With Crunchyroll on Roku, users can enjoy watching Japanese animes and doramas. The users of the service have experienced some issues. Here is a compilation to fix Crunchyroll if it is not working on Roku.
Crunchyroll Not Working on Roku: Causes
Crunchyroll is the best anime streaming service undoubtedly. It is unfortunate if the app stops working when users stream their favorite shows. The reason for the issues with the service might be the following.
- Corrupted data in the Crunchyroll app
- Issues with the Crunchyroll server
- Weak or unstable internet
- Pending software update
- Expired subscription
Crunchyroll Not Working on Roku: Fixes
Users might be unable to understand the cause of the issues with the Crunchyroll app. So, they should follow these troubleshooting measures till they fix the issue. After that, they can stream their favorite shows without buffering, lagging, and freezing the app.
Check For Server Issues
Users need to make sure that the Crunchyroll server is down. The server might be down for maintenance or other similar issues. In that case, Crunchyroll has to fix the issues as soon as possible. To check for server issues, visit Downdetector.
This Fix Resolves: App/ content not loading, issues with streaming, can’t access content library.
Check the Wi-Fi Router
If the internet is slow, the streaming on Crunchyroll might be slow and buffering. To fix the issue, users need to restart the Wi-Fi router.
- Unplug Roku from the power outlet and keep it the same for at least 10 minutes.
- Connect the device back to the power outlet. Turn on the Wi-Fi router and connect the Roku device to it.
- Try streaming the Crunchyroll app on the device.
This Fix Resolves: buffering, can’t access the content library, low quality streaming.
Users need to restart the Roku device if the Crunchyroll app is still not working. Follow these instructions to restart the device.
1. Turn on the Roku device and launch the Roku home screen.
2. From the home screen, open the Settings menu.
3. Click on the System option from the menu.
4. Select the System Restart option followed by the Restart option.
5. The Roku restart completes, open and stream the Crunchyroll app.
This Fix Resolves: buffering, frozen on single screen, login issues.
Sign Out of Account
If the app is not loading on Roku, users should sign out of the Crunchyroll account. After signing out of the account, they can sign in to their account once again. Make sure that you enter the correct subscription details to sign in. On the app, users need to play and stream any content from the app.
This Fix Resolves: App not loading, buffering,
Users need to uninstall the Crunchyroll app from their Roku device if it is not working. After removing the app, they can install it back on the device.
1. Launch the Roku home screen by pressing the Home button on the remote.
2. Highlight the Crunchyroll app on the Roku home screen.
3. Press the Asterisk button (*) on the Roku remote.
4. On the menu, choose the Remove Channel option.
5. This will remove the app from the Roku device.
6. Further, install the Crunchyroll app back from the Channel Store.
This Fix Resolves: App/ content not loading, can’t able to open the app, struck on a single screen.
Check Your Subscription
Crunchyroll is a subscription-based anime streaming platform supported on various devices. If you have a Crunchyroll subscription, check if it has expired. Users can get their subscription from the service after visiting their official website. You also need to check the number of devices logged in with the same subscription.
This Fix Resolves: Login issues, Access denied for premium content,
Update Roku Software
If there is any pending Roku Software, it might interfere with streaming apps on the device. Therefore, users need to keep their devices up-to-date. They can update the device as follows.
1. Initially, press the Home button on the Roku remote to launch the home screen.
2. From the home screen, open the Roku Settings.
3. Select the System option from the menu.
4. On the next screen, choose the System Update option followed by Check Now.
5. Further, select Download and install.
6. After updating the device, access the Crunchyroll app.
This Fix Resolves: Login issues, content not loading.
Clear Cache on Roku
Users can clear the cache on their device with its remote as follows.
1. Grab the Roku remote and press the Home button five times.
2. Press the Up button once.
3. Next, press the Rewind button twice.
4. Finally, press the Fast Forward button twice.
This Fix Resolves: buffering, login issues, not responding for remote control.
By Resetting the Roku device, users might lose all the apps and settings on the device. At the same time, the process will remove all the bugs from the device which might be causing issues on it. Perform a factory reset on Roku as follows.
1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote to launch the home screen.
2. Open the Settings menu and select System.
4. Select Advanced System Settings, followed by the Factory Reset option.
5. Choose the Advanced System Settings option.
6. Provide the PIN using the on-screen keyboard and select the OK button.
7. Finally, the Roku reset starts on the device.
This Fix Resolves: App not loading, frozen on a single/ blank screen, login issues.
Contact Customer Support
Users need to contact Crunchyroll Customer Support for help if the app is still not working. Alternatively, they can contact Roku Support for further help. With their help, they can fix any issues on the device.
You can try these troubleshooting methods to resolve the not working condition. If any of the solutions do not resolve the problem, you can mention them in the comments below. Our team will respond with the solution to the problem.