Citytv is a Canadian cable TV channel. This channel is the hub of your favorite dramas and reality TV shows. Moreover, with the official Citytv app, you can stream your favorite shows for free with the supported cable TV provider. The app also gives you access to channels including Citytv Toronto, Citytv Vancouver, Citytv Montreal, Citytv Calgary, OMNI EAST, and Citytv Edmonton. Now, let’s find out how to access City TV on Roku.
What Streaming On City TV
Citytv hosts both live TV as well as on-demand titles that you can watch on your TV. Popular shows streaming on the service include
- America’s Got Talent
- Canada’s Got Talent
- A Million Little Things
- The Bachelorette
- The Bachelor
- American Idol
- Law & Order
- Don’t Forget The Lyrics!
- The Final Straw
- So You Think You Can Dance
- Impractical Jokers
City TV Supported Cable TV Providers
- Bell Aliant
- Bell MTS
- CABLE TV
- Execulink Telecom
- Kawartha Cable
- Source Cable
- Tek Savvy TV
Can You Get Citytv On Roku
There is no official application of Citytv made available in the Roku Channel Store. Therefore, you need to screen mirror the app on your TV from Android and iOS devices. In this way, you can watch your favorite shows and TV channels streaming on the app on your TV.
How To Screen Mirror City TV on Roku
Since the official Citytv app is made available in the Google Play Store and App Store, you can access the app on your Android and iOS devices. To get the app on Roku, all you need to do is screen mirror other devices on your TV.
Pre-Requisite: Before you start to screen mirror to Roku, you need to enable the screen mirroring feature from Roku Settings → System → Screen Mirroring → Screen Mirroring Mode. Then, you can choose the Prompt or Always Allow option to enable the screen mirroring.
Screen Mirror City TV to Roku From Android Devices
1. Start by connecting your Android device to the Wi-Fi network your Roku is on.
2. Open the Google Play Store and install the Citytv app.
3. When the app installation is complete, open it on your Android device.
4. Sign in to your account with proper credentials.
5. Now, open the Notification Panel of your device and tap the Cast icon.
6. Select your Roku device’s name from the list on your screen to start the mirroring.
7. Go back to the Citytv app and play any title from the app on your TV.
Screen Mirror City TV to Roku From PC
1. Connect your Windows PC to the same Wi-Fi network that your Roku is on.
2. Open the Google Chrome web browser and visit https://www.citytv.com/.
3. Click on the TV Provider Sign In button and sign in with your cable TV provider account.
4. Browse through the website and choose any contents to play on your TV.
5. Open the Windows Action Centre on your computer.
6. Select the Connect icon in the Action Centre and then choose your Roku device.
6. On your Roku device, click on Allow if a prompt appears.
7. Go to the Google Chrome tab with Citytv to access it on your TV.
Screen Mirror City TV to Roku From iOS Devices
1. Open the Roku Settings menu from the home screen and then select the Apple AirPlay and HomeKit option.
2. On the next screen, turn on the AirPlay option by selecting it.
3. Connect your iOS device to the same Wi-Fi network that the Roku device is connected with.
4. Open the App Store and install the Citytv app if you don’t have it.
5. After installation, launch the app and sign in to it with your TV provider subscription.
6. Launch the Control Centre of your iOS device and tap the Screen Mirroring icon.
7. When the list on your screen shows your Roku device, select Roku.
9. Soon, the screen of your iOS device will start to mirror on your TV.
10. Finally, play any title from the Citytv app on your TV and enjoy watching it.
Yes, you only need to sign in with the participating cable TV providers that carry Citytv to access the app.
Yes, you can watch live TV with the Citytv app.
You can get the GAC channel as an alternative to Citytv.