Cinemax is a premium live TV channel that is the home to action-packed movies and TV series. As a Roku user, you can also access popular movies and TV shows from Cinemax.
Is Cinemax on Roku
Cinemax doesn’t have a standalone app for Roku. But you can get a subscription to Cinemax from The Roku Channel to stream your favorite movies and TV shows.
How Much is Cinemax on Roku
You need to subscribe to Cinemax at $9.99 per month to access your favorite from Cinemax on The Roku Channel. To subscribe to Cinemax, you can refer to the steps below:
1. Visit the official website of The Roku Channel on any web browser.
2. Next, click on the Start your 7-day free trial button.
3. Sign in with your Roku account.
4. Choose a payment method and make a transaction.
5. After that, you will get subscribed to Cinemax.
How to Get Cinemax on Roku with The Roku Channel
In some Roku device models, The Roku Channel will be installed by default. In case, The Roku Channel is still not installed, the following steps will help you with it.
1. Go to Roku home by pressing the Home button on your Roku remote.
2. Navigate to and select the Streaming Channels option.
3. Next, choose the Search Channels option.
4. Use your Roku remote to enter The Roku Channel on the virtual keyboard and search for it.
5. Choose The Roku Channel from the search results.
6. Hit the Add Channel button to start adding The Roku Channel.
7. Once the channel is added, select the OK button from the prompt.
8. Next, choose the Go to Channel option to launch The Roku Channel.
9. Sign in with your Roku account and start streaming the latest hits from Cinemax on Roku.
How to Watch Cinemax on Roku Without Cable
You can also use the following streaming services to stream the Cinemax channel without cable.
1. DirecTV Stream
DirectTV Stream offers more than 330+ live TV channels. You can also stream the Cinemax channel on DirecTV Stream with its Premiere plan at $149.99 per month. Along with the subscription, you will also get unlimited cloud DVR storage.
Hulu also streams the Cinemax channel. For that, you need to subscribe to any of the base plans (Hulu(without ads) – $7.99 per month, Hulu(without ads) – $14.99 per month, Hulu+Live TV – $69.99 per month). Next, you need to add the cinema add-on plan at $9.99 per month.
3. Amazon Prime Video
Amazon Prime Video lets you stream popular movies, series, and Amazon Prime Video originals. It also allows you to download your favorite videos and stream them offline. You can also stream Cinemax using Amazon Prime Video. For that, you need to first subscribe to Amazon Prime at $14.99 per month. Then, you can add the Cinemax add-on at $9.99 per month.
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit the official website of Roku and sign in to your account. After that, go to the My Account section and click on the Manage your Subscription option. Then, locate Cinemax and cancel its subscription.