CBS Sports is a popular American pay TV channel dedicated to sports. This channel is available in the United States and Canada. It was launched in 2002 as the National College Sports Network. Later on, it has seen a lot of updates and is, at present, one of the most loved sports channels. The channel brings to you popular events, including UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, UEFA Super Cup, Scottish Professional Football League, Major League Rugby, and more. With CBS Sports on Roku, you can enjoy all of these popular sports events at your convenience.
How Much is CBS Sports on Roku
CBS Sports is a free sports streaming platform that you can access on your devices. You need to have a subscription with a TV provider to sign in to the app. Some of the popular providers that support CBS Sports are listed below.
- AT&T U-verse
- YouTube TV
- RC Technologies
How to Install CBS Sports on Roku
1. From the Roku home screen, select the Streaming Channels option.
2. Select the Search Channels option on the next screen.
3. On the Search Bar, enter CBS Sports and search for it. Next, choose CBS Sports from the search result.
4. Start downloading the CBS Sports app on your device by selecting the Add Channel button.
5. Click on OK as the app download completes.
6. Launch the CBS Sports app by selecting Go to Channel button.
Alternative Method to Add CBS Sports on Roku
1. Using a browser on your computer, go to the Roku Channel Store.
2. Select the Sign In button from the top-right corner of the screen.
3. Following that, sign in to your Roku Account.
4. You need to sign in to the same Roku account you have on the Roku device.
5. On the Search Channels box, search for the CBS Sports app.
6. Select the CBS Sports app, and then hit the Add Channel button.
7. Now, the CBS Sports app will be added within 24 hours, or else you can update Roku to get the app immediately.
How to Activate CBS Sports on Roku
1. Open the CBS Sports app on your device from the home screen.
2. An Activation Code will display on your screen. If the activation code is not displayed, select the Log In or Sign In button to generate one.
3. Using a web browser, go to the CBS Sports Activation website: https://www.cbssports.com/roku/.
4. Enter the Activation Code in the given field.
5. Select the Next button and sign in using your username and password from the TV provider.
6. Finally, you have activated the CBS Sports app on Roku.
7. Go back to the CBS Sports app and start streaming your favorite sports.
How to Watch CBS Sports on Roku Without Cable
If you don’t have a cable TV subscription, you can use the streaming services to watch CBS Sports. Following are the popular streaming services that include CBS Sports.
DIRECTV Stream is a popular live TV streaming service that includes CBS Sports. You need to be subscribed with the Ultimate Package from the service to stream the channels. It will cost you $104.99 for a month. In addition, you will get unlimited cloud DVR facilities with support for 20 users at the same time.
fuboTV is a popular live TV streaming service for sports fans. It gives you access to CBS Sports in its fubo Subscription package. It will cost you $69.99 and gives you a 7-day free trial to watch the channel free. In addition, you get 1000 hours of cloud DVR to record shows. Moreover, three users can access the service at the same time on this plan.
Hulu+Live TV also includes the CBS Sports channel in its subscription package. The plan will cost you $69.99 for a month. You can watch a total of 70 channels, and record shows on your device with unlimited cloud DVR offered by the service. The service supports the streaming of two simultaneous streams.
YouTube TV on Roku is Google’s own live TV streaming service that has an exciting channel lineup. You can watch CBS Sports on YouTube with its $64.99 per month subscription plan. This plan has 60 channels in total and supports 3 simultaneous streams. Moreover, it has unlimited cloud DVR support that will let you record shows from any channel that it offers.
How to Cancel CBS Sports on Roku
1. Go to the Roku home screen and press the Right Arrow button on your remote.
2. Select the CBS Sports app from the available apps.
3. On your remote, press the Star button.
4. Select the Manage Subscription option on the menu.
5. Select the Cancel Subscription option to cancel CBS Sports.
6. You can confirm the same with the Cancel Subscription option.
7. Finally, select the Done option.
How to Fix the CBS Sports on Roku Not Working Issue
CBS Sports is not the one to come up with frequent issues interrupting your streaming experience. Even though minor issues might appear on this application, you can try these troubleshooting measures to fix them.
CBS Sports is Not Loading
- If the app is not loading, it might be because the CBS Sports network is down.
- This might be because a lot of people are accessing the service at the same time, or the server is down for maintenance.
- Check your internet connection to make sure that it is not slow. This is because a slow internet connection will not load the content properly.
App Is Buffering and Freezing
- If the application is buffering or freezing, you need to restart the CBS Sports application on your device.
- Restart your Roku by unplugging it from the power source for 5 to 10 minutes, and then plug it back.
- Also, restart your Wifi router to make sure that it is not the cause of the issue.
Can’t Log In
- If the issue is with logging into the app, it might be because you are using the wrong account credentials.
- If the issue is not yet fixed, uninstall the app from the device, re-install it, and then try signing in.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can stream CBS Sports live via Paramount Plus.
CBS All Access has been replaced with Paramount Plus. You can find and access Paramount Plus on your device from the Roku Channel Store.