- Access BBC News on Roku through BBC iPlayer.
- Add BBC iPlayer: Launch Roku Home >> Streaming Channels >> Scanning Channels >> Search BBC iPlayer >> Add Channel.
- Activate BBC iPlayer: Locate BBC iPlayer >> Tap Sign In >> Note Activation Code >> Go to Activation Website >> Sign In with your Account >> Enter Code >> Search for BBC News >> Start streaming.
BBC News from British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) streams news events from the UK and around the world. On BBC News, users have access to regional news, sporting events, and current affairs programs. Radio streams are also a part of the service. Users must download the BBC iPlayer app on their Roku in order to stream content from BBC News.
Users can stream content from BBC iPlayer for free if they have a BBC iPlayer account. The app streams content from various channels of BBC, including news, sports, and entertainment shows.
How to Sign Up for BBC iPlayer
1. Initially, launch any web browser on your computer.
2. Visit the BBC iPlayer website on the browser.
3. Find the Sign In button on the screen and select it.
3. Further, select the Register Now button.
4. On the next screen, choose your age and enter your DOB in the respective fields.
5. Once done, select the Continue button.
6. Fill in the given fields with the necessary details.
7. Select the Register button on the screen to successfully create the BBC iPlayer account.
How to Access BBC News on Roku
To add the BBC iPlayer app on Roku, users have two different methods to adopt.
Add BBC iPlayer on Roku Device
You can install BBC iPlayer on Roku from the Roku Channel Store.
1. Turn on the Roku device and go to the home screen.
2. Select the Streaming Channels option from the left side of the home screen.
3. Next, select the Search Channels option from the menu.
4. Make use of the on-screen keyboard to search for BBC iPlayer.
5. Pick up the app icon from the list of app search results.
6. From the next screen, choose the Add Channel button to install the app on Roku.
7. Select the OK button on the prompt and click the Go to Channel option to launch the app on Roku.
Add BBC iPlayer From Roku Website
By visiting the Roku website on a web browser, users can install the BBC iPlayer app on their Roku devices.
1. Turn on your computer and open any web browser you like.
2. Also, visit the official Roku Channel Store website.
3. Locate the Sign-in button on the website and select it.
4. Enter the details of your Roku account in the respective fields.
5. Select the Submit button on the screen.
6. Select the search bar to browse for the BBC iPlayer app.
7. Choose the BBC iPlayer app icon from the search results.
8. In the next screen, choose Add Channel button on the Roku website to start downloading the app.
9. Users might have to wait for 24 hours to access the app on their Roku device.
How to Activate BBC iPlayer on Roku
After installing the BBC iPlayer app, users need to activate it on Roku to stream the app.
1. Open the BBC iPlayer app on the Roku device.
2. Tap Sign in, and then take note of the activation code that appears on your TV screen.
3. Open any web browser and access the BBC iPlayer activation website.
4. Sign in to your BBC iPlayer account.
5. Provide the activation code and select Sign in on your TV.
6. The BBC iPlayer app has now been activated on Roku.
7. Return to the BBC iPlayer app and search for BBC News.
8. Finally, users can stream news streams on BBC iPlayer.
Users can stream BBC World News with Philo, fuboTV, Sling TV, DirecTV Stream, and YouTube TV.