Apple TV is one of the popular subscription-based streaming services. It is available in more than 100+ countries like the United States, Canada, Columbia, Brazil, Mexico, Poland, Austria, Russia, France, German, Australia, India, and more. You can stream more than 100,000+ movies and TV series. Some of the shows available on Apple TV include Ted Lasso, For All Mankind, See, Finch, Gutsy, The Morning Show, WeCrashed, and more. Also, you can access all this content on your Roku by adding the Apple TV app on Roku.
Features of Apple TV
- You can stream movies and TV series in 4K HDR.
- Rent or Buy your favorite shows from a catalog of over 100000 movies and TV series.
- You can download your favorite shows and watch them offline.
- For each Apple TV account, you can create 6 different profiles.
- You can stream on 3 devices simultaneously.
Is Apple TV on Roku?
Yes, Apple TV is available on Roku. But not all Roku devices are compatible with the app. The devices compatible with the Apple TV app are:
|Roku Devices||Roku Model|
|Roku TV||7000x, C000x, 8000x, A000x, 6000x|
|Roku 2||4205, 4210|
|Roku 3||4200, 4230|
|Roku Streambar Pro||9101R2|
|Roku Smart Soundbar||9101|
|Onn Roku Smart Soundbar||9100|
|Roku Express||3900, 3930|
|Roku Express+||3910, 3931|
|Roku Express 4K||3900, 3940|
|Roku Express 4K+||3910, 3941|
|Roku Ultra||4640, 4660, 4661, 4670, 4800, 4802|
|Roku Ultra LT||4662, 4801|
|Roku Streaming Stick||3600, 3800|
|Roku Streaming Stick+||3810, 3811|
|Roku Streaming Stick 4K||3820|
|Roku Streaming Stick 4K+||3821|
|Roku Premiere||3920, 4620|
|Roku Premiere+||3921, 4630|
How Much is Apple TV a Month on Roku
To access the Apple TV app, you need an Apple TV Plus subscription. The subscription will cost you $4.99 per month. Moreover, you will also get a 7-day free trial upon subscription. You can also subscribe to Apple TV by visiting its official website.
How to Add Apple TV on Roku
1. On the Roku home screen, select the Streaming Channels option.
2. Now, scroll down and select the Search Channels option.
3. Type Apple TV using the on-screen keyboard and search for it.
4. Select Apple TV from the search results.
5. Next, click on the Add Channel button.
6. Once the Apple TV channel is added, select the OK button from the prompt.
7. After that, choose the Go to Channel option to launch the Apple TV channel.
Alternative Method to Add Apple TV on Roku
Suppose your Roku remote is not working; you can use use the Roku app to control your Roku TV.
1. First, connect both your Android or iOS device and Roku to the same wifi network.
3. Launch the Roku app and sign in using your Roku account.
4. On the home screen, tap Devices on the bottom right corner of the screen.
5. From the list of available devices, choose your Roku device and finish the pairing process.
6. Once the pairing is done, tap on the Channels tab.
7. Click on the Channel Store tab and look for Apple TV.
8. Select the Apple TV channel from the search list and click on the Add Channel button.
Note: Normally, the channel will be added to your Roku within 24 hours. If you want the channel to be available on Roku immediately, then you need to update your Roku device.
How to Stream Apple TV on Roku
1. On the Roku home screen, press the Right Arrow button on your Roku remote.
2. Navigate to the Apple TV channel and press the OK button on your remote to launch it.
3. On the Apple TV channel home screen, go to Settings at the top right corner of the screen.
4. Click on Accounts and select Sign In under Accounts.
5. Select the ‘Sign In On This TV’ button.
6. An activation code will appear on the screen.
7. Make a note of the activation code and visit https://activate.apple.com/.
8. Enter the activation code and click on the Continue button.
9. Sign in with your Apple TV Plus account.
10. Finally, the Apple TV app on your Roku will be activated.
After that, go back to the Apple TV app and start to stream your favorite movies or TV shows.
How to Cancel Apple TV Subscription on Roku
1. Go back to the home screen by pressing the Home button on your remote.
2. Next, hit the Right Arrow button on your remote.
3. Select the Apple TV tile and press the Asterisk (*) button on your remote.
4. On the window that pops up, select Manage subscription from the available options.
5. Select Cancel Subscription. Your Apple TV subscription is now canceled.
How to Fix Apple TV Not Working on Roku
If the Apple TV channel is not working properly on your device, then try using the methods below to solve the issues.
1. If the internet connection you are using is slow, it can cause the app to not work properly. So to solve this issue, bring your device close to the router, disconnect devices other than your Roku from the Wi-Fi, or restart your router. Now, check the speed of your internet, and if the speed is more than 5Mbps, you can stream your favorite movies on Apple TV without any worries.
2. If the Apple TV server in your region is down, you won’t be able to stream anything on your app, and all you can do is wait until the servers are fixed. You can check whether the servers are down by visiting the official website of Apple TV or using a third-party website called Downdetector.
3. Sometimes, the cache data stored in your Apple TV may be corrupted due to a large amount of cache stored in the app. So to solve this problem, you need to clear all the cache data stored on your app. If the issues are not yet fixed, try clearing the cache on Roku.
4. If there are some problems with the Apple TV app, the only way to solve them is to uninstall the app and reinstall the app on Roku.
5. Sometimes, you can solve most of the issues you are facing simply by restarting your Roku device.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Apple TV app should be available on the Channel Store, and if you can’t find it there, it means the Roku device you are using is not compatible with the app.
There might be some issues with the Apple TV app, which cause you not to be able to sign in to the app. You can fix the issue by restarting the Apple TV app and your Roku.