Apple TV is one of the leading media streaming services from Apple. The app is available on more than just Apple’s devices. With Apple TV on Roku, users can watch movies and Apple TV Original series. However, the app might not be free from errors. You may end up in a situation such as Apple TV not working on Roku or Apple TV not showing up on Roku. There are fixes available to resolve these conditions.
Reasons for Apple TV Not Working on Roku
Apple TV app has the best collection of on-demand content for subscribers. They also have the best technology in development. Still, users might come across minor issues in the service. The following might be the causes for these Apple TV issues.
- Poor Internet Connection
- Apple TV server issues
- Pending Roku Software Update
- Expired Apple TV Subscription
- Cache in Roku device
How to Fix Apple TV Not Working on Roku
Since we have figured out the possible causes for the Apple TV app not working on Roku, let’s move on to the fixing measures.
Check for Apple TV Server Issues
The most common reason for the issue might be the server of Apple TV is down. In that case, users might not be able to access the Apple TV app on any of their devices.
To check if a server issue exists, users can visit websites like Downdetector. On detecting server issues, users will have to wait for the service to resolve the issue.
This Fix Resolves: App/ content not loading, buffering, streaming stops abruptly.
Check Your Internet Connection
If your Wi-Fi router is weak, it might cause errors in the service. To fix these errors, users might have to restart their Wi-Fi router.
- After unplugging the Wi-Fi router from the power source, wait for at least 5 minutes.
- Connect the Wi-Fi router back to the power source.
- If the internet is still weak, use an Ethernet cable to connect.
- Connecting to a different Wi-Fi network or reducing the number of devices on the network will help.
This Fix Resolves: Can’t connect to the internet, low-quality streaming, buffering, struck on a single screen.
Uninstall and Reinstall Apple TV
If the issue is only with the Apple TV app, users need to uninstall it from Roku. Apple TV is available in the Roku Channel Store to install anytime. The process helps fix any issues caused during the Apple TV installation on the device.
1. Press the Home button to launch the home screen.
2. Highlight the Apple TV app on the home screen.
3. Press the Star * button on the remote.
4. Choose the Remove Channel option in the menu.
5. Now, go to the Roku Channel Store to reinstall the Apple TV app.
This Fix Resolves: Blank Screen, outdated content library, buffering, not responding to remote, login issues.
Restart Roku Device
Restarting the device could solve the not working or buffering issues. Users will have to restart their Roku device from the Settings menu.
1. Press the Home button on the Roku remote to launch the home screen.
2. Select the Settings option.
3. Choose the System option in the Settings menu.
4. Click on the System Restart option and select Restart.
This Fix Resolves: Buffering, fixed on single or blank screen.
Perform Power Cycle on Roku
Performing a power cycle on Roku is similar to restarting the device. However, this process will remove all the power from the device before turning it on. This helps with fixing issues in the device. Keep the Roku device unplugged from the power source for 5-10 minutes. Turn on the device after the required time.
This Fix Resolves: Loading issues with app or content, taking more time for login.
Clear Cache on Roku
Roku users can clear the cache on the device if the Apple TV app is still not working.
1. Move to the Roku home screen.
2. Users should press the following buttons in the Roku remote in order.
- Home button: 5 times
- Up button: 1 time
- Rewind button: 2 times
- Fast Forward button: 2 times
This Fix Resolves: Login issues, not loading, Blank Screen, not responding to remote, login issues.
Software Update on Roku
Updating the software in the Roku device should help users fix the bugs on the device. You can update the Roku device with the inbuilt System Update option.
1. Open Settings from the Roku home screen.
2. Select the System option followed by System Update.
3. Click on the Check Now button from the menu.
4. Choose the Download and Install button to initiate the update.
This Fix Resolves: Issues with Interface, Login issues, App not loading, Blank Screen, not responding to remote.
Perform Factory Reset on Roku
If none of the above processes helps to rectify the issue, you can perform a Roku reset. This process will remove all the apps and Settings on Roku.
1. From the Roku home screen, go to Settings.
2. Select the System option in the menu.
3. Click on System Reset followed by Factory Reset.
4. When the process completes, users should set up their devices.
5. Finally, install Apple TV on the Roku device from the Channel Store.
This Fix Resolves: not able to install Apple TV, App Frozen, remote command not working, login issues.
Contact Customer Support
Finally, users should contact Roku Support or Apple TV support if the above fixing measures are not useful. The Customer care executives will help the users with any issues they face.
When the above solution does not fix your problem, you can mention them in the comments section. We will get back to you with the right fixes.