Music helps us relax our minds, raise our mood, and let us experience different kinds of emotions. When it comes to music, there are lots of apps available like Amazon Music, Spotify, SoundCloud, and more. Here we will talk about Apple Music. Apple Music is one of the best music platforms available. It has over 90 million songs and more than 30,000 playlists. It is available in countries like the USA, UK, Japan, China, Canada, France, Spain, Germany, and more. You can listen to all the songs available on Apple Music ad-free. Apple Music is compatible with Roku, iOS, Android, Firestick, and more. Now, let us discover all the possible ways you can use to get Apple Music on Roku.
Features of Apple Music
- You can stream 4K music videos, live radio, organized playlists, and more.
- It allows you to create your own personalized playlists.
- You can listen to the latest music songs, hit songs, classic songs, country music, and more on Live Radio.
- You can get personalized recommendations based on your playlists.
- It offers original shows, concerts, and exclusives.
Apple Music on Roku
Apple Music is available on devices like Roku streaming players, Roku TV models, and Roku premium audio products.
How Much Does Apple Music Costs
Apple Music is a subscription-based music streaming platform. To stream Apple Music on Roku, you need to pay a subscription price of $9.99 per month. It also offers a 1-month free trial.
How to Sign Up for Apple Music
1. Visit the official website of Apple Music on a web browser.
2. Click on Try It Free and select Sign Up with a New Apple ID.
Note: Select Already have an Apple ID? Sign In if you have an Apple ID.
4. On the Create Apple ID windows, enter your details like Name, Birthday, Email, and more, and select Continue.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions and finish the subscription process.
6. You now have an Apple Music account.
You can now access all the popular and latest hit songs on Apple Music’s library.
How to Install Apple Music on Roku
1. Switch on your Roku device and press the Home button on your Roku remote.
2. Select Streaming Channels on the home screen.
3. Click on Search Channels and enter Apple Music on the search bar using the on-screen keyboard.
4. From the suggestion list, choose Apple Music and click on the Add Channel button.
5. You will receive a notification once the channel is added. From there, select the OK button.
6. Click on Go to Channel to launch Apple Music.
7. Sign in with your Apple Music account.
8. Choose the song you want and enjoy listening to the music.
Alternative Method – How to Play Apple Music on Roku Using Screen Mirroring
You need to make sure that Screen Mirroring and AirPlay on Roku are enabled before screen mirroring from your devices.
Enable Screen Mirroring on Roku
1. On the Roku home screen, select Settings.
2. Click on System and select Screen Mirroring.
3. Select Screen Mirroring mode and choose either Prompt or Always Allow to allow screen mirroring on Roku.
Enable AirPlay on Roku
1. Turn on your Roku device and select Settings on the Roku home screen.
2. Select Apple AirPlay and HomeKit.
3. Click on Apple Airplay and HomeKit Settings.
4. Select AirPlay and enable it so that you can cast to Roku from iOS devices.
Screen Mirror Apple Music on Roku from Android / iOS Devices
Connect Android or iOS devices and Roku to the same wifi network and follow the steps below:
Note: Here, you can follow the same steps for Android devices like smartphones or tablets and iOS devices like iPhones or iPad.
1. Open your Android or iOS device.
2. Go to Google Play Store and App Store.
3. Look for Apple Music and choose the app from the search results.
5. Once the installation is done, open the Apple Music app.
6. Login using your Apple Music account.
7. For Android devices, you need to open the Notification Panel → Cast, and for iOS devices, open the Control Center → Screen Mirroring.
8. Choose your Roku device from the list of available devices and select OK.
9. Click on Allow on your Roku device when permissions are asked.
10. The contents on your screen will be cast to the Roku device.
11. Go back to the Apple Music app and start streaming Apple Music on Roku.
Frequently Asked Questions
Apple Music is now free for new customers for a period of 30 days.
Yes, Apple Music is better than Spotify as it offers high resolution and lossless audio quality.