AirPlay is a feature that helps to screen mirror their iOS devices to AirPlay-supported devices. You can AirPay to all the popular streaming devices, including Roku TV. AirPlay lets you screen movies, music, pictures, and other media files on Roku TV. But there will be certain situations where you cannot AirPlay your iOS devices to Roku TV. When AirPlay is not working, you can see the black screen on your Roku device, and sometimes you can see only the picture, but there will be no sound. It may frustrate you, but there are some working troubleshooting methods that you could try while AirPlay is not working on your Roku TV.
Why is AirPlay Not Working on My Roku TV
Each device may have unique reasons, so we have mentioned the common reasons for AirPlay not working on your Roku TV models like Sharp, Hisense, and TCL.
- Doesn’t have a stable internet connection.
- Devices are located at a long distance.
- AirPlay is not compatible with your device.
- Devices are connected to different wifi networks.
- Using an outdated version of the Roku device.
Easy Methods to Fix AirPlay Not Working on Roku TV
The following are some of the easy methods to fix the AirPlay not working issue on your Roku TV.
1. Restart Roku
If AirPlay is not working on your Roku TV, the first troubleshooting method you can try is to restart your Roku TV. Restarting your Roku device will sort out minor issues.
1. Go to Settings on your Roku TV.
2. Scroll down and choose the System option.
3. Next, select System Restart on the next screen.
4. Next, select the Restart option.
After that, your Roku TV’s display will turn off automatically, and then it will power on after some time. Now, check if the AirPlay is working for you or not.
2. Restart Router
Make sure you have a stable internet connection to prevent the AirPlay from not working issue. If you find any issues, you need to restart your router. To restart, turn off your router and disconnect the power cables from the wall socket. After some time, connect it to the power socket. Now, connect your device again to the wifi network and start using AirPlay on your device.
3. Connect Devices to the Same Wifi Network
To AirPlay, you need to connect both your iOS devices and Roku TV to the same wifi network. So if the devices are connected to different networks, connect them to the same network. If the issue exists, you can move on with the next fix.
4. Enable the AirPlay Feature
One of the requirements to screen mirror your iOS devices is enabling the AirPlay feature on Roku. If you haven’t enabled the AirPlay on Roku, screen mirroring your iOS devices is not possible.
5. Place the AirPlay-Compatible Devices Closer
Your iOS device should not be farther than 10 meters away from your Roku device. If so, the content you share with Roku will buffer, or the content will not appear. So, make sure to keep your iOS devices and Roku closer.
6. Update Roku
If you are using outdated Roku firmware, AirPlay will not work. So, make sure you are using updated Roku firmware.
1. Go to the home screen of Roku and select the Settings option.
2. Scroll down and select the System option.
3. Select System update > Check Now.
4. If an update is found, a prompt will appear. From there, select the Update Now button.
5. After that, the update will download and will be installed on Roku automatically.
7. Factory Reset Roku
If none of the solutions have helped your cause, the only option you have left with is to reset your Roku.
1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote and navigate to Settings.
2. On the next screen, choose System.
3. Tap the Advanced System Settings option.
4. Select the Factory Reset option.
5. Next, enter the code you see on the screen and hit the OK button.
6. After that, all the Settings and data stored on your Roku will be removed.
8. Contact Customer Support
If you still can’t find the fix for the AirPlay not working on Roku, the last way to sort out the issue is by contacting Roku customer support. They will guide you to solve the AirPlay not working issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your Roku OS must be on 9.4 or later. If not, update Roku to fix the AirPlay code not showing issue.